This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Who is going to get your cub or tractors if you pass on?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
beetle
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beetle » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:33 pm

The one and only little man gets it all...

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby VinceD » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:15 pm

This is really a great thread - very important :!: :!:

One suggestion: If you want your tractors (or anything else for that matter) to go to a specific individual or be handled in a special way, make sure your wishes are put in writing and formally made part of your will or trust. Just telling someone sometimes is not enough.

Put it in writing :!: :!:
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

Alan Riley
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71328

Postby Alan Riley » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:50 pm

My wife has said my Cub should go to our 7 year old granddaughter. She is the only one of the grandkids that has any interest in "Pawpaw's" tractors.
Old Age: The phase of life when nothing works and everything hurts...

PageRob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 86040
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub "Black Cat"
Mamod TE1A "Kayenta"

Postby PageRob » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:23 am

Its a topic worth much thought. I haven't thought much about it yet, as I'm still young (though its true, you're never too young to die). It would be hard, since we don't (and aren't going to) have kids, so it would be a question of 1)my wife, who isn't big into tractors yet 2)my older niece, who's 4, but would still be keeping it in the family 3)our godson, who's 3, but likes tractors so far 4)burying it with me 5)auction for the benefit of my wife (which may happen with option 1 anyway). Tough call.
"The only thing we did was wrong was stay in the wilderness too long/the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight."
-Old Spiritual

drspiff
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77802
Tractors Owned: The '51
Blue Boy
Scout
a host of parts tractors

Postby drspiff » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:04 am

Since it is pretty much just me, I thought I'd put an entry in the will that all the tools, tractors, and contents of the shops go to Donny M. And ask that he parcel out the pieces to whoever needs something. The '51 Cub is earmarked for his daughter. It is painted Aggie maroon and she tells me that's her team.

Of course, I wasn't going to tell him. My last joke on earth would be when the lawyer calls for "Donny M" to explain the bequest. I think the look on Donny's face would be priceless.

Rick (contemplating oblivion) Dulas

Poppy 1948
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Poppy 1948 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:03 am

This thread is a good reminder. We just got back from helping our son and daughter-in-law after the birth of our second grandson.

My plan since buying dad's '48 from my sister was to pass it on to my son who now has 2 sons. We need to update our wills and trusts.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:29 am

Excellent topic. Wife and my wills were completed and filed a long time ago. They need to be updated. The major assets have been assigned. Discussions held with both son and daughter as to the distribution of any remaining assets.

Tools, tractors and other junk. Big problem is that only my son has a location (property) and buildings to keep the tractors. The second problem is that neither my son or daughter have the time to keep the machinery up.

And then, I don't want to leave a mess for the relatives to clean up and sort out. Part of the solution is for me to slowly get rid of the excess equipment, parts, and parts tractors.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Corky's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30607
Tractors Owned: Just One:
1957 Farmall Cub
"Corky"s Cub"

Postby Corky's Cub » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:43 pm

This is a great thread. As a recovering lawyer myself, I know first-hand this is something folks don't think enough about, or let their feelings be known, while there is still time.

For me, it's already decided: Grandson Tyler gets Corky's Cub! Even at only 3-1/2, he is passionate about his "tra--tors", and especially about Pop-pop's "Famall Cub"!!

All kidding aside, think about this stuff: it's important. Merry Christmas!

Charles
I found this old Cub, Forgotten and Forlorn,
With pistons and valves frozen and worn.
Help from my buddies on Farmallcub.com,
And an engine from Ralph, (37’s the one),
Now ole Corky is running and back to life,
Much to the surprise of my dear, dear wife!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:25 pm

Sadly, I don't know what will happen to mine. None of my children are interested in old iron. No, I am not interested in adopting any of you. :tractor:
Last edited by John *.?-!.* cub owner on Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:25 pm

My wifes boss is a 5th generation vt farmer and he is like a brother to me were good friends. I told the misses if i pass on let him sell my tractors for you because he won't rip you off plus he's a hell of a haggler too he won't give them away.

Now with my other collectables I told her i'll list the cost and what there worth right now so you have an idea on how much to sell them for if something happens to me.

I plan on living another 20+ years I'm only 57 right now. All my new neighbors are in there mid 70's and 80's which gives me faith that i may live that long too. Yup i can't imagine seat time on my cub at 80yo.... :lol:
Each hour of seatime on a tractor adds another day to my life......
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:02 am

drspiff wrote:Since it is pretty much just me, I thought I'd put an entry in the will that all the tools, tractors, and contents of the shops go to Donny M. And ask that he parcel out the pieces to whoever needs something. The '51 Cub is earmarked for his daughter. It is painted Aggie maroon and she tells me that's her team.

Of course, I wasn't going to tell him. My last joke on earth would be when the lawyer calls for "Donny M" to explain the bequest. I think the look on Donny's face would be priceless.

Rick (contemplating oblivion) Dulas

I have to admit that I've been ignoring this thread since I don't plan on giving up anything just yet :wink: :lol: :lol:

Rick, you should see the look on my face now :shock: :shock:

Donny (can I light that for you) M :lol:
8)

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:04 am

Donny, If and when you need to dispose of Blue Boy, let me know! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859

Postby Trent M » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:25 am

Rick- They're already contacting Donny for your stuff. Better watch out!! :lol:
Trent McPeak

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:35 am

I liked Blueclawz comment: "in the unlikely event of my death" :shock:

Here's my 2 centavos worth: "It is most certain that I will, at some least appropriate time, experience a fatal event. I, like all of you, will NOT be looking forward to such an event (a good enough reason to celebrate LIFE. FAMILY, FRIENDS and HOBBIES... NOW) ! But, in preparation for the obvious, Carol Elizabeth has assured me that she will take EVERY MEANS NECCESSARY to dispose of my various collections of memorabelia, pottery, old iron, tractors, tools, trailers, engines and implements. :cry: She will then take all the proceeds and INVEST them in a young, strong 25 year old Italian STUD ! :shock: NOW you know THE REST OF THE STORY! :lol:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:38 am

We already have it decided and the boys know who gets what.
That way they will be more cautious with them now , ownership.
My eldest has laid claim to the BN . MY wife to our newly purchased Demo.
My youngest son 49 Cub with all the goodies. (The buzz saw is not appreciated yet but it will) Adam even has a paint ball decal on it for a reminder. Notice just towards the back of the fuel tank.
Phil
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"