This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Reproduction platform carrier?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06870

Reproduction platform carrier?

Postby CTdave » Wed May 07, 2008 8:03 am

Just curious, with the price of used platform carriers (or carry-alls), does anyone make a reproduction? They couldn't be too difficult to make. I had my eye on one but it looks like it will be well into the $300's & I just can't see the price justification. I bet these cost $40 when they were new but we all know how that goes.
'47 Circle Cub serial # 10xx
'59 lowboy. 1000 loader & fast hitch
'48 Cub, resto w/planter/fertilizer
629 utility wagon
Fast hitch brush hog, plows and landscape rake.
Cultivators, 54a blade

Tim Martin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20637
eBay ID: cub_parts_pro
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub, 1951 Farmall Cub, 1957 Copar Panzer T102, 1957 IH Lo-Boy, 2008 Kubota 2320
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Reproduction platform carrier?

Postby Tim Martin » Wed May 07, 2008 8:17 am

I have build most of mine from plans that I believe are on the manul server. Funny thing is I was talking to someone just yesterday about the same exact topic.

markwayne
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24550
Tractors Owned: 1952 F Cub

Postby markwayne » Wed May 07, 2008 8:50 am

Are those plans an attempt at a reproduction or a nice but not original one?
grandpops 52 Fcub #151651, 193 plow, 144 cultivators, 174 runner planter, Type C Duplex hopper, 53 Fertilizer Unit, front/mid mount blade, IH but non Cub 4 foot disc, non IH peg tooth harrow, and one of the infamous and much maligned belt pulleys.

Tim Martin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20637
eBay ID: cub_parts_pro
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub, 1951 Farmall Cub, 1957 Copar Panzer T102, 1957 IH Lo-Boy, 2008 Kubota 2320

Postby Tim Martin » Wed May 07, 2008 9:28 am

This is the link to Rudi's manual server that has pictures and plans on how to build a non-fast hitch Kodiak Carry-All.

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Sketches%20or%20Plans/Drawings-Sketches-Pictures/Ron%20Whiting/Kodiak's%20Karry-All/index.html

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Wed May 07, 2008 10:43 am

The carry all was never made for the regular hitch cub by International, it was made for the fasthitch. There was a aftermarket manufacturer that made a few but those are very hard to come by. The plans on the manual server were made by me for anyone who wants to make their own. Rick Prentiss made a production run of about 8 or so a couple of years ago but does not offer them now. The folks that have those have a very nice version of a implement that IH never made.

Ron
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed May 07, 2008 11:16 am

Dave:

I think that you could fab one up very nicely. There are measured pics on the server -- I think Arizona Mike did them.. for the fast hitch.. Arizona Mike's Fast Hitch Carry-All Plans

You may want to look at the second link too.. Platform Pivot Location

I am one of the fortunate ones as I have a Nik Roble version of the Kodiak Karry-All for a Regular Cub. It will get a serious amount of use over the summer I hope.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Wed May 07, 2008 11:25 am

Kodiak wrote:The carry all was never made for the regular hitch cub by International, it was made for the fasthitch. There was a aftermarket manufacturer that made a few but those are very hard to come by. The plans on the manual server were made by me for anyone who wants to make their own. Rick Prentiss made a production run of about 8 or so a couple of years ago but does not offer them now. The folks that have those have a very nice version of a implement that IH never made.

Ron

Hi Ron!

This is an impliment that I would personally love to have for Merlin(cub) down the road...hopefully sooner rather than later... I do have a question, though...

Why did you elect to use the larger angle iron on that bottom corner? Was it for support for the bottom pieces? That is the only larger piece, correct? Also, your design does not fold up, correct? It is either on and in postion to carry or off the tractor, right? I have seen versions of the carry all that fold up when not in use, and I would love to try to make that particular modification... Thanks for any help and/or direction you may have to give!

Thanks!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

markwayne
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby markwayne » Wed May 07, 2008 11:38 am

Those links into the file server get file not found. I looked directly and dont see them either.

Any way, it looks easy to reproduce the demensions of the fast hitch carrer but add parallel arms for the "quick hitch", insted of involving the draw bar. Leaves you the option of using the drawbar with the carry all on. Foldup would be easy enough to do. Have welders cutoff saw and such just need the time.
grandpops 52 Fcub #151651, 193 plow, 144 cultivators, 174 runner planter, Type C Duplex hopper, 53 Fertilizer Unit, front/mid mount blade, IH but non Cub 4 foot disc, non IH peg tooth harrow, and one of the infamous and much maligned belt pulleys.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Wed May 07, 2008 12:03 pm

I have one of Rick's carry-all's. I'm not sure but it may be the prototype. It has the fork lift addition and is folding. I suggested a forklift for lightly loaded pallets to Rick and as usual he did an excellent job. The 7/8" rods are in the storage position in my pictures and can be easily moved to the sockets on the bottom. It's on Smiley right now and has been used mostly to move pallets and trailers.

Here's Smiley's page that has 6 different views of the carryall.

http://www.gwill.net/Album/Tractors/Farmall/Cubs/52_Smiley/
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Wed May 07, 2008 1:05 pm

Scruffy is going to be jealous, Mr. George... You always said that "Scruffy got the good stuff", and it seems that you have deviated from that with this "good" carry-all...

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Wed May 07, 2008 1:59 pm

WisconsinCubMan wrote:Scruffy is going to be jealous, Mr. George... You always said that "Scruffy got the good stuff", and it seems that you have deviated from that with this "good" carry-all...

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Scruffy's pretty good natured but he doesn't know he may donate his seat to the demo.

The plan is to give Rambo the much deserved deluxe seat and give his restored one to Scruffy.
George Willer

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Wed May 07, 2008 7:01 pm

WCM,
Mike I used stuff I had laying around the shop, thats why the bottom angle is larger :oops: My main opjective was to be cost free to myself :D (or as close as possible to that) I'm sure you could make some mods to the angle size to accomidate cost, etc. Remember that these things will only lift about 300lbs or so. For that reason you don't really need big iron to make one of these. (you want to be able to pick it up to mount it too!)
Rick P. made the mod to allow for folding. He also added fork lift bars and a tralier hitch ball location. Leave it to Rick :!:

Ron
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

markwayne
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby markwayne » Wed May 07, 2008 9:42 pm

My bottom would like the delux seat but the silver canvas is what came on the 52. The neighbors 656 has the later delux seat with the shocks, boy is that nice like riding on a cloud A seat and other things are on my "honey here is what you can get me for a <blank>present list :{_}:

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Wed May 07, 2008 10:00 pm

markwayne wrote:My bottom would like the delux seat but the silver canvas is what came on the 52. The neighbors 656 has the later delux seat with the shocks, boy is that nice like riding on a cloud A seat and other things are on my "honey here is what you can get me for a <blank>present list :{_}:

This is wandering away from the original thread... :(

Most don't know that the covering on the seat was an extra cost option. The standard seat was plain painted steel. By now most of the originally covered seats are cleaned up and painted. The originally covered seats can be identified by the slight remnants of fabric under the crimped edge. (sandblasting can remove most of it). A fellow club member has an originally painted one on his '53 and showed me the documentation.
George Willer

markwayne
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Reproduction platform carrier and seats

Postby markwayne » Wed May 07, 2008 10:24 pm

My original but ragged seat has a drain grommet in the bottom. But I dont see that in the silver reproductions. Wazzup wid dat!