This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Spending That Tax Rebate Check

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
fisherman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Spending That Tax Rebate Check

Postby fisherman » Wed May 07, 2008 6:52 pm

I posted late last fall about my 1966 IH Cub Lowboy and my grand plans to do a major overhaul. I overheated the old boy and blew the head gasket two winters back pushing snow with no water due to a leaky radiator (I should have bough the better IH radiator instead of the cheap one, but that is a different story) Well.....I am well under way finally. I have been waiting for some warmer weather and a few extra $$ to really get going on the project. My tax rebate check from Uncle Sam was deposited in my account today, and I chose to stimulate the economy by supporting TM Tractor parts. I placed a big order for most all the seals, gaskets, and wear items needed to do a complete mechanical overhaul of the tractor from front to rear. I know you can track down the seals and many parts though nice cross references that are on the web, but I wanted the convenience of one stop shopping.

Here is link to my personal web page overhaul / restoration photo documentary. Enjoy.
1966 IH Cub Lowboy

I know several of you offered help in the fall and I truly appreciate the offers. I am a true do it yourselfer, so I hope complete most everything short of engine machine work myself. If I get stumped I will be sure to ask the experts here for help. I have already used this as a reason to buy a nice new 20 gallon parts washer, 5 lb vibratory tumbler & a sand blast cabinet. All good investments and in the end will still be a fraction of the price to buy a new tractor that will never live up to the old cub. I will try to update you all as to my progress, and I am thinking about checking out the Ohio cubfest this year. I used to have family just north of Bellfountaine, which would have been convenient, but not any longer. Oh well, worst case, it will make for a good long day trip.

So are any of you treating your Cubs to a little special something from your rebate checks?
1966 IH Cub Lowboy

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Re: Spending That Tax Rebate Check

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu May 08, 2008 5:23 am

Wise use of the rebate check! You may be able to track down the parts elsewhere, but don't bet on it being cheaper and you definitely will get the correct, quality stuff from TM.

Nice looking Lo Boy. Thanks for the pictures.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

flyawa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 66701
Tractors Owned: .
1 1948 Cub
2 1950 Cubs
1 1951 Cub
1 1952 Cubs
1942 Farmall H
1939 Ford 9N
1930 John Deere D
1941 John Deere B
1948 Allis Chalmers C
1956 Farmall 400
1945 Chrysler Airport Tug
Location: KS, Fort Scott (S.E. Kansas - Home of the people of the south wind; the Kansa)

Postby flyawa » Thu May 08, 2008 7:16 am

Great pictures, thanks for sharing them. It's really good to see someone doing the job right. When you're done your tractor will be worth many times what it's cost you when you enjoy it for the next 5 or 6 decades. Much - much better that the quick spray/ovrhaul. :)

Looking forward to the after pictures!
"Maintain thine airspeed lest the Earth rise up and smite thee"

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby ricky racer » Thu May 08, 2008 5:35 pm

I'm planning on using my tax check is to pay my summer property tax! Yippee. I'd rather use it to put a down payment on a zero-turn mower but with taxes so high, I'll just sign the check and send it back to the Government. I'm sure that they will make better use of it than I could.
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

scotlem
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02852

Postby scotlem » Thu May 08, 2008 7:20 pm

I can only dream of a garage that neat and organized. Nice pics. Scot

LiL' Red
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61423
eBay ID: woodpecker56

Postby LiL' Red » Thu May 08, 2008 8:50 pm

Nice clean engine, looks like the oil was never let get dirty. Most of them I've been into didn't look that nice.