This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

number to farmall acres

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: 1 -'58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A
1 - ‘41 Ford 9N with a ‘49 8N Engine
1 - ‘48 (5641) Allis Chalmers G

Re: number to farmall acres

Postby Lt.Mike » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:05 am

Yes if it's who I think it is but not beyond general polite conversation.
Been thinking about how I might reach out to fellow tractor enthusiasts in our area.
I guess we kind of keep to ourselves.
It's funny, I've driven my tractor through Farmingdale (the actual town) to get gas and folks there don't bat an eye, maybe some give thumbs up but it's not something unusual.
On the other hand we've taken the A down our road to Kaufman's farm for pumpkins and you'd think we were riding a pink elephant! The transplants from the city that have settled into the pockets of McMansions we pass look and make comments like we were the Beverly hillbillys. They moved to a town called Farmingdale, what'd they expect and why is it funny? :roll:
Those were the same people who petitioned to have the 100 year old grange buildings in Howell and Adelpha torn down because "they were eye sores" . In the meantime in the quaint country setting they moved too they build homes that looked like it's for a relocated mafia witness. Gaudy and out of place.
(You moved at a good time.)
Does all that contribute to folks like us staying low key? Don't know but I might try to get something started. It's a shame to find that you've lived near someone with a similar passion for old iron and never knew it.
Mike
Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"

Farmallacres-NJ (retired)
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 32909
eBay ID: Farmallacres
Tractors Owned: Now -
Cub Cadet Z44
New Holland TC33D HST SS
==============
Then -
1955 400 T/A WF 13/38s
1936 F20 road gear, round spokes, 13.6 goodyear Dyna Torque, smooth cambered fronts, winterfront, original dual fuel manifold.
F14, F20 w/trip loader, I-130 Ind. duals, 3 point, F100, A/V, A, BN, H - True- tricycle
Cubs – too many to remember, maybe 25 ?
Auburn Trencher – Howard RotoVators F/H and mounted w/de-speeders, Hi-Clear 30/15 w/ all NOS tires, Sims cabs, Duals, Sunflower Rotary and front and center mounted Gang Reel sets, Mott Flail F/H and Mounted, Woods, IH mowers, graders F/H and mounted, Sod cutter for culti, F/H Carry-all, Heathouser, ….Most tools and options. Maximum enjoyment.

Re: number to farmall acres

Postby Farmallacres-NJ (retired) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:11 pm

Lt.Mike wrote:Yes if it's who I think it is but not beyond general polite conversation.
Been thinking about how I might reach out to fellow tractor enthusiasts in our area.

Don't know if there are many left.

I guess we kind of keep to ourselves.
It's funny, I've driven my tractor through Farmingdale (the actual town) to get gas and folks there don't bat an eye, maybe some give thumbs up but it's not something unusual.
:tractor: :)

On the other hand we've taken the A down our road to Kaufman's farm for pumpkins and you'd think we were riding a pink elephant!
:tractor: :shock:

The transplants from the city that have settled into the pockets of McMansions we pass look and make comments like we were the Beverly hillbillys.
To them ... we are.
:hattip:
They moved to a town called Farmingdale, what'd they expect and why is it funny? :roll:
Those were the same people who petitioned to have the 100 year old grange buildings in Howell and Adelpha torn down because "they were eye sores" . In the meantime in the quaint country setting they moved too they build homes that looked like it's for a relocated mafia witness. Gaudy and out of place.
(You moved at a good time.)

Yes I did, and about just in time. I went back to visit in 2010 ... no mo. :surrender:

Does all that contribute to folks like us staying low key? Don't know but I might try to get something started. It's a shame to find that you've lived near someone with a similar passion for old iron and never knew it.

Not sure how you missed the place, always a bunch of Red and some Yel/Wht runners set out for sale and just showing off ... lol

Mike