This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Smokin Light Switch

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Smokin Light Switch

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:42 am

Could be the generator. Could be the regulator. Could be the light switch. Could be a dead short somewhere. Could be that even though you double-checked, you still missed something and put the wrong wire somewhere.

There is no way to know without troubleshooting. Did you start a new thread on this?

JDB44
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 21048
Tractors Owned: 1944 John Deere B
1947 John Deere M
1955 Farmall Cub
1974 International Cub Cadet 1000

Postby JDB44 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:32 pm

Thanks Matt, no I have not started a new thread. Found that after looking at wiring several times I landed the coil wire and regulator wire on same post of ignition switch. Moved coil wire to opposite post for fuse to lights and presto no drain on battery with switch off. :oops:

So much for my checking the manual. Now to figure out why it is not charging.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:57 am

9mules:

Been a while :-)

I was smoking my light switch too after getting a few things fixed and upgraded...

Start here -

To figure out the connections - this should be helpful - took me quite a while to figure it out but the guys were top notch as usual .. Generator and Cut-out

If you are going to upgrade to a new cable .. this thread might be helpful. I understand electrical better after doing it... How To Build A Replacement Battery Cable
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

JDB44
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 21048
Tractors Owned: 1944 John Deere B
1947 John Deere M
1955 Farmall Cub
1974 International Cub Cadet 1000

Postby JDB44 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:27 pm

Thank you Rudi. Looks like I need to have the generator checked out. Another learning experience.