This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

For your eyes only ! Red Power, La Porte 2010

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: For your eyes only ! Red Power, La Porte 2010

Postby Rudi » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:07 am

Lee:

Last year we got to go to 2 shows plus our own CubFest Northeast NB 2009. There are not many around.. we missed Sussex again this year. We are hoping to make Grand Dique and Doncaster's again this year as well as Cecil's CubFest Northeast 2010 in October. I sincerely doubt if we well ever be able to make RPRU.. usually quite a ways away. It would be nice though.

Do you have any more pics of the Cub with the Ganged Reel Mowers :?: Interesting design.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Lee_Petrie
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60436
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub w/fast hitch restored
1948 Cub w/fast hitch (early style depth control) being restored

Postby Lee_Petrie » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:29 am

Rudi,
Sorry , that was the only picture of the gang-mowers on a Cub, that I took ! I had a set of "pull-type" gang mowers, I used at one time ( since sold ) , but as I remember, they were a HIGH maintance item , with less and less people with the sharping knowledge !
I figured the shows were few and far between up their ,with the shorter Summers and the lower population of Cubs , but it seems like your making the best of the options !
I just wanted to do something 'different' than just letting my tractor just sit for people to look at , but rather making it do a little work ( the corn cracking ), and draw attention ( along with a few tips on extra parts or entire tractors For Sale ) by the people passing by ! On occasion I even attach my 4 poll 120v generator (which runs at 1800 rpms), where the corn cracker is mounted, and attach some Christmas lites on the Cub, somebody said it looks like a "Christmas tree", I don't know if that is good or bad ? Do you want some pictures of the generator , maybe put one on your tractor ! Lee

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:51 am

I always like to see equipment being used at shows be it to run folks around on riding tours or milling corn or other grains and making ice cream :D THanks for the pics, and yup I would like to see more of the Electral for sure as well as any other pics from RPRU that you have. I am sure others would also like to see more. Fof those of us who cannot make shows such as this, the pics taken by attendees is the only way we get to see the event and share the experience.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N

Postby dgrapes59 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:06 am

Rudi wrote:I always like to see equipment being used at shows be it to run folks around on riding tours or milling corn or other grains and making ice cream :D THanks for the pics, and yup I would like to see more of the Electral for sure as well as any other pics from RPRU that you have. I am sure others would also like to see more. Fof those of us who cannot make shows such as this, the pics taken by attendees is the only way we get to see the event and share the experience.

Rudi, I have a bunch I took and will try to get loaded tonight. But, many are somewhat similar to what Lee took, it was kind of funny seeing his at first, I thought they were some I had taken! :D
David

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:13 am

Dave:

The more the merrier. For those of us what cannot attend, even seeing the same tractor possibly from a different viewpoint is as close as we can get.. so please post I am looking forward to seeing them.