This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

It Is Good To Be Back!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

It Is Good To Be Back!

Postby Rudi » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:05 pm

G'day all:

Just a short one for a start.

First, let me wish you all a belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :!: :!:

Second, I just want to thank you all for your prayers (felt them all btw - never believed you could, but I KNOW NOW that you can feel prayer), phone calls, get well cards and Christmas cards. They meant the world to me and I looked forward each day to mail call when Em came to visit.

Gord also kindly brought me copies of some of the posts which I truly appreciated.

Sorry I wasn't able to send out cards this year, but I promise - I will be around to send them next year :!: :D

Thirdly, I want to thank you all for the most wonderful Christmas in many a year. I am not ashamed to say that it brought tears to my eyes as my daughters opened up that box from Arizona. Mike and to everyone on the board, thank you for your kindness and generosity. It truly was a surprise. The muffler will be put to good use, it will grace Ellie or Granny only at tractor shows and will never experience heat. The http://www.farmallcub.com decal on the stack will be there forever :!: Thank you all so much. I just cannot get over what this board is all about, and I know I never will be able to amply express what you all mean to me, except to proudly call you all FRIEND :!:

Rick, the step has not come yet, but I expect is shortly. I will let you know as soon as it comes in the post. (Holiday delays I expect). Thank you so much as well, it was totally unexpected. You should have seen Gord's face when he told me - he was just beaming :!:

A quick update:

I am finally on my last day of fluid restriction - 1500ml/cc or about 6-7 cups of fluid/24 for the first 2 weeks. My family doc upped me to 2000ml/cc's and I have consistently been under that for the last 2 weeks. It will be nice to be able to have a tall cool glass of water whenever I want instead of having to ration it. :D :D :D

Still can only do minor things. Cannot lift more than 5 lbs - which means I cannot open a door, a refrigerator door, a jug of milk -- the list goes on. Surprises one as to what you cannot do exactly after this type of surgery and takes a lot of concentration, as habits are hard to break. Em and the girls sure give me what for ifn I go to do stuff I shouldn't.

Stairs still are almost verbotten - Em is terrified that I will slip and fall which would break all the wires - that would mean probably 3-4 more months confined to hospital, so I limit the stair climbing. That is the primary reason I have not been on much earlier. Also, typing uses muscles in my chest that still need to heal and can be painful after an amazingly short time.

Jim happened to be online one afternoon when Em brought me down. Was coming to check in, but got pretty pooped after just a very short chat with him. Sorry for not checking in. Oh, Em's computer upstairs has a bad case of something - keeps freezing - not sure it if is the harddrive or the motherboard, eitherway I am looking at a few pesos to fix it. Then I can stay upstairs and use hers :D :D

Going to be at least another 6 to 8 weeks before I will be able to get some seat time, but if I am lucky maybe in 4 weeks I will be able to go to the shop and tinker some.

Looks like I have a lot of reading to do! Should keep me busy for quite a while.

Mike, I do hope you recover from you spill and resulting breakage.... ouch :!: :( :!: However, just think, it will give you time to catch up on some important reading -- Red Power, Manuals, catalogs of stuff to get for your Cubs :!: :D and that sort of thing... :D

Will check in as often as I can.

Again, thank you all from the bottom of my heart, and I know Em and the girls join me in saying that this board has the greatest people in the world as members. I am proud to be one of you!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:11 pm

Welcome back Rudi! It's sure good to see you here. Do what the doc says and we'll look forward to your posts again!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:24 pm

Rudi: It is good to see your posts again. Take good care of yourself. I know that it is difficult when there are so many things you want to do but it is much better in the long run. Welcome back. Dan

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:26 pm

Welcome Welcome Welcome Thrice welcome you asre my friend

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Jeff D. N.E. Wis.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jeff D. N.E. Wis. » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:41 pm

Welcome back. Sure is nice to see you up and posting. Missed all your wisdom on here. Do what the better half says. Take it E-Z. :D :D :D

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:57 pm

Welcome back Rudi. Everyone on this site has been awaiting your return. Just to make sure you know. I may have made the step, but it was the warm generosity of a fellow member who ordered and paid for everything involved. Hope you enjoy it when it finally arrives.

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:08 pm

Rudi
I was soooo glad to see this post. It just made me feel good to see your name in the "Author" column :D :D :D

Take care and go slow. We need you back for the long haul not the quick fix :wink:

God Bless

Guy
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640

Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 41005
Tractors Owned: Near 200 cubs through the years

Postby Ralph » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:13 pm

Welcome back :) Rudi
Shoot low Sherriff they are Riding Shadows
4 Wheels move the body.....
2 Wheels move the Soul .....

Ralph in ky.

David D. smith
10+ Years
10+ Years

Rudi

Postby David D. smith » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:23 pm

Welcome back Rudi, Take youre time and heal right.
Dave <*)))><

farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374

Postby farmallcub49 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:26 pm

Rudi,

Great to see you are back!!! :D My wife has been asking me lately how you are doing. Today she was happy to hear that you were back on the board. She appreciates all that you have done for me. When I am in the dumps because one of my Cubs is giving me trouble, your help allows me to fix it and smile again.
We are both happy that you are around to keep Em in line; or is it the other way around?

Take it slow, but don't be afraid to let us know if you need anything and keep the advice coming.
'49 Cub, '58 LoBoy,'61 LoBoy, '61 Modified LoBoy, '61 Customized LoBoy, way to many attachments, '22 Centerdoor Sedan, '24 Ford T Roadster, '25 Ford TT, '24 C Cab, '13 Touring, '24 Model T Snowmobile,

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck

Postby Carm » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:47 pm

Rudi, Great to have you back. Stay on the right track to heal well. :D :D

Bob Hawley
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44882
Tractors Owned: !949 Farmall Cub

Postby Bob Hawley » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:53 pm

Good to hear from you, Rudi. Take care and just think by warm weather you'll be ready and willing. Good luck! Bob
Bob Hawley

cuballen
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cuballen » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:53 pm

Welcome back Rudi!! Don't try to do too much. :D

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:01 pm

Hello, Friend :!:

Great to have you back :!: :D Take it easy, post when you can, and do what Sawbones says.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:08 pm

RUDI,

It's really GREAT to see that you was able to make a post, it's been sadly MISSED, to say the least.

Please don't overdue it and you'll be back in that seat in no time. We don"t want to see you breaking any of them thar wires.

John Niekamp

PS: I agree, Gordon has been EXCELLENT keeping us posted, what a great person.