This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rear Tire Size

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
code54
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 25526
Tractors Owned: Kubota MX5100
1968 Cub Lowboy
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Rear Tire Size

Postby code54 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:03 pm

12.4's wow bet that looks awesome - any photos?
1968 Cub Low Boy
Kubota MX5100

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:46 pm

First Cub I ever owned came with nearly new 11.2-24's on it. I put new 8.3-24's on it. IMO if we're talking strictly looks, a Cub looks best with 8.3's on it.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:23 am

Look at ebay for tucker he has the 8,3x24's cheap. Or you can search for the 6-24's / 7-24's they still use these on the ecomony tractors. I have the 8,3x24 duals on my fcub. The duals make the fcub look mean. My pics are here and on yesterdays tractors. My int154 with the fel/loader is getting the 11.2 x 24 which is the old 10.2 x 24 size just upgraded there really not that big but it has the creeper tranny too(hi/low). The low is way to slow but it takes the full load off the tractor. I'm after more ground clearance for going off road too for the lower subframe. I picked up two new 24'' x 10'' wide 4 loop farmall a rims to fit the wider 11,2 tires. The rims have a narrorer loop setup with 5/8'' bolts but by welding plates with 5/8'' holes were the new location on the fcub rim centers it should adapt with a little welding and grinding to move the old 1/2'' fcub holes. It can look neat if its done right. I wanted the 24'' x 12'' rims but they were out of stock with no arrival date.

American made rubber over imported rubber. "vs"

I usually don't do this but i mounted imported tires and american made tires on my cadets. After three years now the little knobs were they inject the rubber into the molds is still on my american made firestone tires while on the imported tires there long gone. Seeing this tells me the american made rubber is a tad harder deromiter. I paid a lot more for the american made tires but there awesome.

I only go with larger tires when the tractor has a hi/low range or the creeper. Bill
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514

Postby tst » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:34 pm

If you go to www.millertire.com they list what is available, in their paper catalog they list firestone,goodyear and carlise in 8.3 and 9.5 as being made in USA, i do not see that on the web site
Tim