This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

UNDER BELLY CULTIVATOR - 59 Cub

How to fix them and how to use them.
micktx
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 78052
Tractors Owned: 1959 Farmall Cub

UNDER BELLY CULTIVATOR - 59 Cub

Postby micktx » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:33 am

I am looking for an easy, if there is such a thing, set of plans to build an under belly 3-row cultivator for my 59 Cub. Anybody willing to share there plans?

Mick

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: UNDER BELLY CULTIVATOR - 59 Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:51 am

You need to start with a set of universal mounting frames. An IH vegetable cultivator made for the Cub would probably be the next easy thing to use, but most difficult to find. Parts of the one-row cultivator or a planter may be useful. Beyond that, it depends on what row widths and what working tools you intend to use.

Provide some specifics, including your preferred tools and we can give some more detailed suggestions.

micktx
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby micktx » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:33 pm

Thanx for replying Jim. The specifics are simple, I have no idea. I was going to use the touch control hydraulics, weld connector rods to a cross brace that would hold the cultivator spades, turn the draw bar under the tractor and connect to the draw bar.

Imagine a long-tailed T with the horizontal holding the cultivator spades that can slide to vary the spacing and the connector rods at each end. The vertical end would connect to the draw bar that would be turned under the tractor.

Confused? Me too. LOL

Mick

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:53 pm

Tools and whatever you have available for mounting clamps will make a real difference. For example, the clamps will determine if you need the tool bars set up flat or on edge. Tool bars are easier to find than clamps. I suggest not using the drawbar as part of your cultivator and removing it. It will limit clearance for taller crops.

Maybe these pictures will give you some ideas (click to enlarge). These are set up for 2-foot rows. Tool bars are on edge. The first is an IH cultivator (actually for a Super A but mounted on a Cub).

cub-cult.JPG

This is something I put together with a couple straight tool bars and some pieces from a Super A planter on the regular Cub mounting frames. If I needed the tool bars flat, I could have clamped the long one on top of the two front-to-rear bars.

IMG_2361s.JPG

micktx
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby micktx » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:31 am

Thanx Jim.

I do believe I can rig something up with the pictures you sent me. Really do appreciate your time and effort in helping me out.

Mick

Return to “Implements”