This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

140 and 274 offset Ground Clearance

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630
Circle of Safety: Y

140 and 274 offset Ground Clearance

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:26 pm

I’m looking to find out the difference in the ground clearance on the IH 140, IH 140 with fast hitch, and the IH 274 offset tractors. I looked on tractor data and I think I remember that it says the 140 has 22.5 inches and the 274 has 23 inches. Can anyone confirm this for me that has a tractor handy and can you confirm the ground clearance of a 140 with a fast hitch? I realize you can raise the bail when cultivating so that does help.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

lightninbug
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: 140 and 274 offset Ground Clearance

Postby lightninbug » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:13 pm

Hi, Chase.

I just measured my 130 with the fast hitch installed, and the clearance is roughly 12 inches at the fast hitch brackets bolted to the final drive housings (or whatever you call it.) With the fast hitch removed, the clearance is about 22.5 inches between the finals. (I usually remove the fast hitch when cultivating rows once the plants are up or if I'm straddling potato hills and the like.) Without a fast hitch, your clearance will be whatever your drawbar height is and about 22.5 inches with the draw bar off--at least between the finals. I suppose the true (rear) clearance is the distance from the ground to the bottom of the final assembly, which on my 130 is about 12 inches.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”