Marvel-Shebler Kerosene Carb

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
wbw1mi
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 48706

Marvel-Shebler Kerosene Carb

Postby wbw1mi » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:03 pm

On my Farmall A there is a Marvel-Shebler TSX Kerosene carburetor. The tractor is a gasoline only setup. Is this carburetor acceptable or should I put a gas only carb back on it? If this carb is usable...beginning adjustment settings?
Thank you. I appreciate your time.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Marvel-Shebler Kerosene Carb

Postby Eugene » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:47 pm

I have a WC Allis Chalmers with dual kerosene/gasoline carburetor. Tractor runs fine on gasoline. The gasoline was used to start and run the tractor a bit until the tractor warmed up. Then the carburetor was switched over to kerosene.

Checked my I&T manual. Only lists the Marvel Schebler as model TSX-156 for dual fuel

If you know or can find the carburetor number, look up the initial settings. An owners manual may have the settings.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:47 pm

There should be a brass tag on the top or side that gives the model # (TSX ---). If three lines, the middle line is usually the mfg. date.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:54 pm

If it is the original M-S type for an A, it would be a TSX-156. As already stated, it just needs to be adjusted properly for gasoline and there is probably some guidance in the Owner's Manual. There is probably a manual in the PDF manuals linked above.