This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Front hitch for Super A

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ajhbike
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 06405
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub
1951 Super C
1966 IH 504 Hi-Clear
1968 JD 3020
1949 JD B
1949 Ford 8N
1955 Ferguson TO-35

Re: Front hitch for Super A

Postby ajhbike » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:21 pm

thought I responded earlier....I wouldn't worry about removing the blade and the blade bracket that rotates and figure out how to put a ball on the main lift bracket. You gave me an idea and I am going to try it on a cub come spring. The steering on the cub is hard whether it is a plow or moving a heavy trailer so I bolted a rear wheel weight to the drawbar (14"center holes) with a cross angle iron bracket. It gets the weight a little further back than the mounted wheel weights and helps a lot

I have one on the brushguard of my TO35 and it is great although I had to make a ballast for the rear to steer easier on it too. having it in front in close quarters is great

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: 1 -'58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A
1 - ‘41 Ford 9N with a ‘49 8N Engine
1 - ‘48 (5641) Allis Chalmers G

Postby Lt.Mike » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:32 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:the boat pictures make me wonder if you will be able to sufficiently see around the boat well enough to back it with out hitting small stuff that is close.

I’ve backed it in with the tractor and the visibility is so much better than trying to back it in with the truck by stretching my neck and using my mirrors. Backing it in with the tractor I still have to twist my neck to see what I’m doing.
I’ve lined up the tractor facing forward where the hitch would be and I can see right down the right side of the boat as I look at it. (It would be the port side ;) ).
More importantly I can clearly see the trailers wheels from the seat without leaning or killing my neck.
Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: 1 -'58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A
1 - ‘41 Ford 9N with a ‘49 8N Engine
1 - ‘48 (5641) Allis Chalmers G

Postby Lt.Mike » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:48 am

ajhbike wrote:thought I responded earlier....I wouldn't worry about removing the blade and the blade bracket that rotates and figure out how to put a ball on the main lift bracket. You gave me an idea and I am going to try it on a cub come spring. The steering on the cub is hard whether it is a plow or moving a heavy trailer so I bolted a rear wheel weight to the drawbar (14"center holes) with a cross angle iron bracket. It gets the weight a little further back than the mounted wheel weights and helps a lot

I have one on the brushguard of my TO35 and it is great although I had to make a ballast for the rear to steer easier on it too. having it in front in close quarters is great

I have two A60 setups though the second needs some repair. I also have the ‘46 Industrial A which presently needs mag work. That old gal has a carry all built on the back I can add a wheel weight on to aid in traction a little.
Once I get the hitch made I’ll most likely mount it on the A.
I don’t have a pic handy of that tractor but do have these videos of when I brought it home.

https://youtu.be/g1nD4NqvmQs

https://youtu.be/kd5aD_AGwhg

I wouldn’t try to lift a trailers tongue weight in addition to the weight of the plow, blade plus (?). It’s all built around that task but adding more weight to it may break something. If you take the blade off and put a hitch on I wouldn’t lift anything heavier than that blade.
Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"