This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A quick step solution

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: 1 -'58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A
1 - ‘41 Ford 9N with a ‘49 8N Engine
1 - ‘48 (5641) Allis Chalmers G

A quick step solution

Postby Lt.Mike » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:14 pm

Finally went out today and shot some quick pics of my chain step. Its not a fancy welded piece but it works and won't snag on stumps or uneven ground I sometimes pass over when dragging firewood out of the woods. I've used this setup on my '46 A and finally hooked this up last week. It's a huge relief for my knees.
This is a very simple solution and I've added lots of pics because everyone likes pics right ? ;)
Sorry it's a little tough to make out the chain in this pic...

I chased the threads with a tap as they were filled with crud. Thankfully they go all the way thru.
I felt it was a good idea to use a grade 8 bolt long enough to use every bit of the threads. The shackle bolt threads at the bottom so if it gets loose it won't just drop out. Also a lock washer was just the right size for the shackle with one on either side of it acting as a spacer to prevent binding.

The front just uses a big shackle the chain threads thru. You may want to cable tie the shackle or safety wire it as I've had ones just hanging there loosen and fall just from vibration. Never had one with a chain loosen but that's not saying it can't happen.

You then bring the chain hook back back on itself to adjust to the height to your liking and hopefully have enough to given you a double chain to step on being more comfortable for your foot.
Of course having the chain always on the tractor it's also a ready option for other chores to be removed and secured with the shackles to the drawbar to drag logs, tow, etc...

Having weights mounted on the Cub and double stacked on the SA makes it a tight fit in the shed

Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”