This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall 100 restoration update

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ShawnAgne
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 45380
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub w/ 184 motor (Kid)
12V with Petronix
IH 3160 Mower Deck
54 Leveling Blade
193 Plow
IH528 Trailer
Front/Rear Weights
1955 Farmall 300 (Clarence)
12V with Petronix
Woods L306 72"
1955 Farmall 100 (Thomas)
12V with Petronix
Woods L59 60"
A60 Leveling Blade
Front/Rear Weights
Circle of Safety: Y

Farmall 100 restoration update

Postby ShawnAgne » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:31 pm

Well first I need to apologize I didn't take any pictures as I'm doing the work over at my friends place in Indiana as he has a paint booth, blasting barn, etc. I'll try and get pictures next weekend.

Anyways tractor has been striped blasted, primed (epoxy and urethane) and then painted with the IH paint. All the other parts have also been painted and primed except for gas tank, front bolster/grill and the hood. There is some filling work that needs to be done on them.

Have the finals pulled and disassembling them and cleaning everything. Left final had a leak at the gear box seal so has a lot of gunk to clean out. Replacing all 4 oil seals in the finals.

Since I'm going to convert to electronic completely disassembled the distributor and cleaned it out and will re lube, Thing was fully of gunk. Will let me blast and repaint the exterior.

Motor had a lot of gunk on the valve train so pulled that off and cleaned it up, and had to replace all 4 lift rods. 1 was bent and the other 3 had nice bows in them. Rebuilding the governor so since it is off along with the finals flushing out the motor to make sure any grit that may have gotten in (pretty sure none did as we were VERY careful) is out.

Tires have been pulled off the rims and have them blasted and sent off to be powder coated, that way don't have to worry about them rusting on the inside. Decided to put two new fronts on it as the ones on it were pretty dry rotted.

Next weekend will get a lot done and try to get some pictures. We are at the point now were we can start hanging parts back on the tractor.

Its going to look really nice when done and very excited to get it done.
Shawn Agne