Super AI (Super A Industrial)

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Super AI (Super A Industrial)

Postby Super A » Mon May 13, 2024 8:27 am

This weekend, I brought home this dandy '49 Super AI (That's "A-eye," not A-"one") that a friend picked up at a local consignment sale. At least, I think it's a Super AI. It has the industrial/heavy duty front axle, which was an option on the Farmall Super A, but it also has a complete foot throttle, which was not available for the Farmalls from the factory--only the International/industrial version.

When I got it home, I began to think I had a Farmall with cool options on it. Notice the serial number plate has no indication of the industrial prefix--IAA. I've seen some that had FAA on the tag, and then IAA stamped beside the serial number. But, this one looks like any other Farmall. But then......

Super AI 1.jpg

Wondering what was going on with this tractor was keeping me awake Saturday night! So I went back outside in the dark and cleaned the block where I could read the serial number. This is what I found:
Super AI 6.jpg

So, I think this is a legit Super AI, but I don't know why they didn't stamp the tag. It does appear to have lived on a farm, but I'm not so sure it did much tobacco farming because there's no seed plate drive to run a fertilizer attachment, and the corks are still in the implement holes where the drive would attach. Even if it's not, this one is going to be fun. I hope to have it restored somewhere around my 96th birthday..... :wink:

Al

Super AI 3.jpg
Super AI 4.jpg
Super AI 2.jpg
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

workinonit
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 29591

Re: Super AI (Super A Industrial)

Postby workinonit » Tue May 14, 2024 10:55 am

Nice find. Keep us posted.