This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super C clutch adjustment

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cdd
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 51 Cub with cub with fast hitch
55 Cub with woods 42 mower
51 Super A with L306 mower
52 Super A with 22 sickle mower
53 Super C
53 Super A with L59 woods mower
66 140 with L306 mower
61 140 with fast hitch
74 International 574 with international 1850 loader
No. 7 Sickle mower x2
McCormick 100 spreader
72 International Harvester 1210 dually w/flatbed
65 Ford F600 flatbed
510 Grain Drill

Super C clutch adjustment

Postby cdd » Tue May 21, 2024 4:53 pm

Had to split the super c to turn the ring gear around. While in there I replaced the pilot bushing and woven clutch disc. Once reassembled, the throw out bearing did not come close to touching the clutch fingers. I got underneath adjusted the fingers as close as I could(bottoming out the bolts) and still is not close enough for the pedal disengage the clutch. the tractor had no noticeable clutch problems prior to the split. The woven disc is put in the correct way(long neck of disc toward transmission). The disc I took out was the spring type and I did not put that style back in.
Would I need to adjust the linkage? Like I said there was not problems before and only replaced the disc.
Crops are green, tractors are RED! :tractor:

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Super C clutch adjustment

Postby Gary Dotson » Wed May 22, 2024 7:59 am

A new disc will be thicker than a worn one, that will cause you to have more free travel. I think I would have adjusted the linkage first. I don’t know the finger height spec for a Super C but I would have adjusted to that spec. I’m sure that spec can be found in the repair manual.