This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Roll Call

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Hairy Moose Knuckles
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super C

Roll Call

Postby Hairy Moose Knuckles » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:15 pm

How many of us have Super C's? How did you luck into yours? I started out wanting a Cub and still do, but they were just too far out of my price range back when I was looking for a tractor. Luckily, prices have come down a wee bit. Not drastically, but enough to be in reach now.

I found this SC back in 09 for 1250 and jumped on it. He let me have it and a drag mower for 1400 bucks. I didn't even offer less, I simply shook hands and pulled out the wallet. I had known the fellow since we were kids. He recognized me immediately, but it took a few minutes for me cause I hadn't seen him in several decades.

He had a row full of tractors, but I really liked this ol' SC and I still do.

It's been sitting for several years, but I'm trying to get it fired up again. It's a labor of love.
:tractor: Its me, Ant-Knee :tractor:

ajhbike
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 06405
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub
1951 Super C
1966 IH 504 Hi-Clear
1968 JD 3020
1949 JD B
1949 Ford 8N
1955 Ferguson TO-35

Re: Roll Call

Postby ajhbike » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:48 am

I worked to fix up a cub and a loboy but wanted a bigger tractor as well. Got mine for $800 in October...and it was running well but pretty rough looking condition. It came with a FH but didn't have the vertical lift cylinder on the hitch or the long, double Z shaped connecting link for the side to side tilt. Changed a few other things....front tires, wiring, gauges, repainted. I made a 3 point adapter for a boom and grading blade, made a front snow plow modeled after the factory version in general, made pallet forks, etc.
Generally having a great time doing it all!!!
John

raystractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37058
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub, 1952 Cub, 1970 Cub, 1975 Cub, 1953 Cub, 1939 A, 1948 super A, 1952 super A, 1950 C demonstrator, 1952 Super C, 1949 H, 1956 farmall 300, 1957 international 350, 1963 Massey Ferguson 35
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby raystractors » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:04 am

The super C was the first IH tractor that I bought. It was cheap and in fair condition with cultivators all around. I haven't used it much but it still has a spot in the shed.

Gus Keeter
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 27874

Postby Gus Keeter » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:11 pm

Much grandfather share cropped in the 60’s and into late 70’s. Beans, corn, peanuts and tobacco here in Eastern N.C. The Super C was the first tractor he bought, used of course. It’s a 52 or 53 I think with a single front wheel and Fast hitch. He got a 2 bottom plow, disk, 2 row planter and a tobacco setter he mounted offset. He was very frugle and saved enough money to quit share cropping and started raising some hogs.
When he quit farming he sold everything but the Super C. He used it to run a hammer mill to grind feed for the hogs. When I was growing up I remember hearing the old C run couple times a week for at least an hour, wide open. He named it Noah, because “it was as old as Noah”.
After he passed my father took it and started a slow restore. Steadily ebaying parts for it between 2000-2009 until he suddenly passed.
It sat parked at moms until the spring of 2016 when I decided I wanted to have a big garden for to take to the farmers market. Got the blessing from my uncle to take it and I’ve been using it ever since. I put a coil on it and rebuilt the carb and after 7 years parked it fired up. I’ve gotten a set of front cultivators for it. I found the Right side cultivator in the bushes. The two bottom plow had been chopped into a one bottom. I have a really hard time finding ANY 2 point fast hitch stuff here. I can throw a rock and hit cheap 1 point stuff all day. So I bought a 2 bottom 1 point plow and cut the hitch and retro fitted the 2 point hitch. I still want a 140 bad. My dad always wanted one and they’re readily available here all day long. I ll probably get one. But the SC is something special. I love to cultivate snap beans and swing my leg off the side like my dad did as kid in the 60s.

Thanks for posting. I’m new here but like it!

47fivewindow
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21035
Tractors Owned: 65 cub, 56 loboy, 53 super c, 72 574, 73 Ford 2000, 40 9N

Postby 47fivewindow » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:53 pm

I have the Super C may dad bought new in 1953 just before I was born. I am the oldest child and that tractor was the last new thing he could afford until his new pick up 49 years later. Dad is gone but I think that SC will run forever

Smokeycub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 48 F Cub #11678
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C

Postby Smokeycub » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:02 am

You guys have some nice stories about your SC's. My story is no where near as special. My love affair with Farmalls began with my uncle on his dairy farm in western PA, Hobbs Dairy, not far from Pittsburgh. He had several, an A, an H, and an M, don't recall if any were Supers or not. Anyway the first "big" tractor I drove was the A, with my uncle on the back. We drove it down the road a mile or so to a hay field he was in the process of bailing, that was in the late 50's. Since then I've always had a special place for them. In the 90's I bought a 104 Cadet to mow with, not Cub or a C but it was (still is) a great machine. I found a pretty good deal on a well equipped Cub in the early 2000's, brought it home and have been using it regularly ever since for all sorts of jobs, gardening, grading, and a whole lot of mowing. It too has been a great machine. I've been highly impressed with what the Cub is capable of, the work it will do with those 9 horse power is pretty amazing. As well as the Cub does I wanted something a bit stronger and settled on an SC I found on Facebook. It was in a bit rougher shape than the Cub, but it runs well, has good rubber on the rears, and a wide front end. I don't have many implements for it, but I did get a 2 point mower/cutter bar, made up a set of points and built a top link bracket for it to accommodate a set of pallet forks, a back blade, and a box blade. I still have a list of things to fix on it, foremost is the TC box, leaks hydraulic oil. The front axle is really rough, it needs a bunch more that TLC. Otherwise some cosmetic things and eventually some paint. I'm currently looking for a 5' brush hog, seems like anyone that has one to sell is asking a whole lot for beat up, rusted out old junk. I did find a JD 503 - 3 point I think I can get for $500 and it appears to be in great shape, any opinions on that cutter? Anyway I'm happy with my SC
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley
The squeaky wheel may get the grease but it's usually the first to be replaced!

Return to “Farmall C, Super C, 200 & 230”