This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A word of advice

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
2wheelsadam
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 12456

A word of advice

Postby 2wheelsadam » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:29 pm

If your splitting your tractor for any type of work have a close look at your coolant frost plug behind your flywheel. I took flywheel off and took in to be machined. I cleaned up bell housing and back of engine block gently with brake cleaner and a rag. Went out tonight to check something and noticed coolant running down back side of engine block. Yup frost plug rotted. Sure glad I noticed now. I would have been some ticked off if I got back together and then was leaking coolant. Hopefully this helps someone from splitting it twice.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: A word of advice

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:18 pm

Yup, I understand how glad you were to discover that before reassembling. It was easier to split the cub than a C, but still discouraging since it had been refurbished with a friends help a few months before. I spotted a couple of drops of antifreeze under the bell housing. They were so small I would not have noticed them except they landed where I had previously spilled some oil on the rough concrete of the old shed I used to work in. When I go it split and pulled the flywheel a close inspection revealed a very fine hair line crack running across the rear of the block from a little to the right of center to just under the edge of the oil pump. Luckily I know a retired machinist that repaired the crack, even to where it entered the oil pump assembly. I have been using it for around 15 years with no problems since.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall C, Super C, 200 & 230”