This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Looking for my first Farmall

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Olympus
Zip Code: 63755

Re: Looking for my first Farmall

Postby Olympus » Mon May 04, 2020 8:55 pm

Rusty red wrote:I would like to know where the dime a dozen cubs are in the area. Lol.

Good grief, I just saw your zip code. If that's still current, you're just up Hwy 61 from me. I'm in Jackson! I drive a lot for my work, from Kennett/Hayti over to Poplar Bluff, up to Potosi, Arcadia, Ironton, and back to Cape. I do a lot of two-lane road travel and I'm always scoping out tractors that are sitting out by the roads for sale. I see a lot of Cubs.

Rusty red
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 63783
Tractors Owned: 1953 Cub
1957? Cub
Farmall H (long term project)
1947 Plymouth (project)
1947 2N ford
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rusty red » Mon May 04, 2020 10:12 pm

Yes I am just up the highway. I work out of Cape. It looks like you travel a further than I do.
The auction I mentioned is scheduled for Saturday near burfurdville.

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear

Postby T-Mo » Tue May 05, 2020 5:48 am

Here is a Super C with the fast hitch near Potosi at Pine Valley Machinery. It's a consignment sale. Give Pine Valley a call at 573-438-3083. They also have a 200 I believe.
Attachments
IMG_1843 copy.jpg
IMG_1842 copy.jpg
IMG_1841 copy.jpg
IMG_1839 copy.jpg
IMG_1838 copy.jpg

Slim140
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: .
1970 International 140
1972 International 140
1949 John Deere A
1993 Ford 4630 W/Loader
1965 John Deere 110
1961 Cub Cadet Original

Postby Slim140 » Tue May 05, 2020 6:30 am

Olympus wrote:I've got two tractors on my radar right now. One is a 1939 regular A that is hand-crank only. It looks pretty straight from the photos, but maybe sharper eyes can pick out details that I might have missed. Current owner says he's never been able to hand-crank the motor, but says it pop starts easily and runs great. He's asking $700 which I thought was nice considering it would be smaller initial investment and would leave me with some cash to make any repairs and repaint.
Farmall A 1.jpg
Farmall A 2.jpg
Farmall A 3.jpg
Farmall A 4.jpg

The other is a Super C that looks to be in halfway decent. Owner has replaced the timing gear, head gasket, and new points and says it runs great. Also looks like it has a Fast Hitch, which most I've seen for sale don't have. Seller is asking $2000.

Super C 1.jpg
Super C 2.jpg

That A will be HARD to find implements for and it doesn't have hydraulics on it. By the time you add any of that (I'm not sure you can put hydraulics on an A), you could buy a Super A with that stuff or a 140. Just because the initial purchase price sounds like a deal, it could wind up costing more in the long run, don't ask how I know :lol:
Every home is a school, what are you teaching?

Circle of Safety

Olympus

Postby Olympus » Tue May 05, 2020 7:32 am

Shane N. wrote:
Olympus wrote:I've got two tractors on my radar right now. One is a 1939 regular A that is hand-crank only. It looks pretty straight from the photos, but maybe sharper eyes can pick out details that I might have missed. Current owner says he's never been able to hand-crank the motor, but says it pop starts easily and runs great. He's asking $700 which I thought was nice considering it would be smaller initial investment and would leave me with some cash to make any repairs and repaint.
Farmall A 1.jpg
Farmall A 2.jpg
Farmall A 3.jpg
Farmall A 4.jpg

The other is a Super C that looks to be in halfway decent. Owner has replaced the timing gear, head gasket, and new points and says it runs great. Also looks like it has a Fast Hitch, which most I've seen for sale don't have. Seller is asking $2000.

Super C 1.jpg
Super C 2.jpg

That A will be HARD to find implements for and it doesn't have hydraulics on it. By the time you add any of that (I'm not sure you can put hydraulics on an A), you could buy a Super A with that stuff or a 140. Just because the initial purchase price sounds like a deal, it could wind up costing more in the long run, don't ask how I know :lol:

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I should pass on the little A. Any thoughts about the Super C that I posted for $2000?

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Wed May 13, 2020 3:02 pm

I agree with Jim Becker on the wide fronts!--They only make you FEEL safer, -- in the real world they are just as easy to roll over as narrow front and yes I grew up on both types. -- I always used a narrow front tractor to mow steep roadsides!---a lot easier to handle and just worked better.
What the wide front does is give guys a false sence of safety----- then over they go!--seen it happen many times!
As for the C ---- if you want an expensive toy,---- go for it. --- Me--- I would think $500. would be plenty!

Olympus

Postby Olympus » Wed May 13, 2020 3:25 pm

There's an older gentleman that has a parade-ready restored Super C that he's asking $1800 for.

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Wed May 13, 2020 4:39 pm

Olympus wrote:There's an older gentleman that has a parade-ready restored Super C that he's asking $1800 for.

I looked at a Cub presented as restored and parade ready. A nice fresh coat of paint and as I looked it over paying attention to where gunk accumulates, I pulled out my pocket knife and quickly lifted off some of the "gunk" that had a fresh coat of paint. Needless to say I passed on that Cub. One thing to remember, as tractor pullers say, "Paint don't pull."

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Mahoman
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 06076
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall H “Hap”
1947 Farmall cub “unnamed”
1947 Farmall cub (my mom claims it’s hers and calls it “Petunia”)
1965 Allis Chalmers B10

Postby Mahoman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:58 pm

Trike front ends are not by any means unstable, I’ve had one over a rock and the tractor tipped probably to 20-25 degrees and it did fine. I would never put a loader on one, but the scariest the is pulling something around a corner with a chain and the tires start slipping sideways. I keep thinking that if it hits a rock or a ridge I’ll topple and I suppose it would be marginally safer with a wide front because it could catch itself maybe. The wide front pivots in the center, that’s why it’s not a lot safer.
1949 Farmall H “Hap”
1947 Farmall cub “unnamed”
1947 Farmall cub (my mom claims it’s hers and calls it “Petunia”)
1965 Allis Chalmers B10

Return to “Farmall C, Super C, 200 & 230”