This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

SC projects #2

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Smokeycub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 48 F Cub #11678
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C
Circle of Safety: Y

SC projects #2

Postby Smokeycub » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:45 am

Another project was building a boom pole for the SC and a 2 to 3 point adapter. Interestingly most of what I used was repurposed steel I saved from the scrap yard. Once again none of my pics will download. The only expense I had was lift pins, paint, consumables, and a farm brewed sub spoiler I bought for the points for far less than modern aftermarket points ($30). An original IH 3 point adapter sells for around $500 and a HD boom pole can be that much too. A local tractor place sells a boom pole for around $270 and only weighs 70 lbs, how stout could it be? The one I built is well over 100 lbs and will unquestionably handle anything the SC can lift and a lot more. The adapter I built is a little crude but it does the job very nicely, built with 3/4” plate and the original points mentioned above. With some adjustability the end of the pole goes from the ground to 90”. I hope to use it to lift logs onto a bandsaw mill. I did incorporate a quick hitch for the adapter, of course the problem with that is most older style 3 point implements are not quick hitch compatible. I managed a work around for that problem too. Man, I wish these pics would download. I only have that issue here on FarmallCub. I’m not going to edit my pics, takes too long for me to do, and I can’t get the file size small enough. I think a big advantage of using a 2 to 3 point adapter is you can take full advantage of all the fast hitch functions including tilt and pitch, AND you don’t have the geometry problem of a more traditional three point that I tried before.
B317293E-10C2-4696-A47C-C43BE2D45946.jpeg

It’s not easy to see on my old arrangement but in this pic the top link connects well behind the 2 point frame connection point and as a result your implement sort of cantilevers up when you want it to go down and vise versa. I mean it’s usable that way but limits the total travel and it’s inconvenient. That said, I like my newest version much better and it works great. :coffee:
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley
The squeaky wheel may get the grease but it's usually the first to be replaced!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Re: SC projects #2

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:05 am

Smokeycub wrote:. . . Man, I wish these pics would download. I only have that issue here on FarmallCub. I’m not going to edit my pics, takes too long for me to do, and I can’t get the file size small enough. . . .

A lot of cameras can be set to take smaller or lower resolution pictures. If you are taking pictures just for posting to web pages, you may be able to do that and get the size down. Cell phone cameras may not all have those options.

Smokeycub wrote:. . . It’s not easy to see on my old arrangement but in this pic the top link connects well behind the 2 point frame connection point and as a result your implement sort of cantilevers up when you want it to go down and vise versa. I mean it’s usable that way but limits the total travel and it’s inconvenient. That said, I like my newest version much better and it works great. :coffee:

I read it that you still have this problem with your newest version. As you look straight from the side towards your hitch, imagine a straight line through the top link from the attaching point on the implement through the mounting bracket on the tractor and extending beyond in both directions. Imagine another straight line through the lower link pins on the implement and the 2-point frame connection point on the tractor, again extending in both directions. You will probably see these lines meeting somewhere behind the tractor. If you rework your top link bracket to lower it until the lines meet somewhere under the tractor, your "up when going down" problem will go away. In this drawing you can see the top link line x-h and the lower link line x-d meet at point x, under the tractor and forward of the rear axle.

US1464130-2a.png

Smokeycub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 48 F Cub #11678
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C

Re: SC projects #2

Postby Smokeycub » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:37 pm

If you rework your top link bracket to lower it until the lines meet somewhere under the tractor, your "up when going down" problem will go away.

Hi Jim, Thanks for that, it sure is simple enough in theory. My problem is there is really no where else to place the top link on the tractor much lower than where I have it or it will interfere with the PTO. What I tried to explain, evidently not very well, is that I made a 2 to 3 point adapter similar to the IH version, so that the top link isn’t actually connected to the tractor but rather, on the adapter. Anywho, that contrivance works real well.
https://www.google.com/search?q=farmall ... fmWaTWVwvM
What I built looks something like what I linked above. That was an incredible illustration by the way.
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley
The squeaky wheel may get the grease but it's usually the first to be replaced!