This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Stiff steering on IH 300 utility

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Wolfie14
Zip Code: 00000

Stiff steering on IH 300 utility

Postby Wolfie14 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:57 pm

I have a 1956 IH 300 utility with a couple of issues I need help with. 1. I noticed a leak coming from the hydraulic pump and obviously the hydraulics do not work. I'm not sure if this is a faulty pump or could simply be worn out seals. I've priced the pumps and they are quite pricey. 2. The steering is now very stiff and hard to turn, the front right tire looks to be leaning outward, could that be from worn tie rods or something else? What else could cause steering to stiffen up? Tractor has sat for about 5 years until recently. I'm not extremely familiar with it so any help, info, links to help me solve issues would be greatly appreciated.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”