This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

H hydraulic pump rebuild

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
CubHunter
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 45862
Tractors Owned: 1948 F Cub " Massey"
1948 H w/ McCormick 31 loader

H hydraulic pump rebuild

Postby CubHunter » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:54 am

I recently purchased a 48 H with a McCormick 31 loader. But the loader slowly drops unless extended all the way. I have checked and there are no external leaks. I am thinking I will have to rebuild the pump, is there a way to do this without splitting the tractor?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: H hydraulic pump rebuild

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:08 pm

First, if the problem is in the Lift-All system of the tractor, it would be a valve problem rather than a pump problem. If by "pump" you mean the whole system, it can be removed from the bottom of the tractor bell housing fairly easily (except that it is heavy).

Second thing, if the problem were in the Lift-All system it would show up the same no matter how high the loader was extended. It seems more likely you have oil bypassing the piston in one or both cylinders.

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”