This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Front frame bolts busted

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Shalenkur
Zip Code: 67218
Tractors Owned: Farmall B, Super C, 300. Ford 9030 bidi, ford 4000

Front frame bolts busted

Postby Shalenkur » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:56 am

I just discovered the front frame bolts on my 300 are wallered and one is broken off on either side. Just a heads up for everyone to check these before having to get out a broken one or two like I have to do now. :hattip:
Attachments
IMG_12072020_115403_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

oldfarmkid
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 29669

Re: Front frame bolts busted

Postby oldfarmkid » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:34 pm

I've heard of this before, but have never seen evidence of it. Read a post many years ago of someone cautioning that no one should buy an old Farmall tractor because they will (break in half). Always figured that the front bolster was removed or tractor was split for clutch and seal replacement and the person doing the work got sloppy and didn't finish the project, making sure bolts were tight. But never a bad idea to check that everything is tight just in case your tractor got worked on by one of those sloppy guys. Every farmer around us farmed with Farmall H's and M's when I was a kid. Those tractors got worked hard for many years and never a whisper of sudden tractor collapse.

Good catch, and good luck with repairs.