This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Finally Got her Home!

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
photoman63
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 77049

Finally Got her Home!

Postby photoman63 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:04 am

After 4 hours, and two backhoes later My wife, her dad, and myself got the back tires spun around and slid in so she would fit on the trailer. then we lifted her up, one end at a time on the trailer. She hasn't ran in several years now. Not sure the voltage. My daddy-in law says she can run both on 6 and 12 volts. But from what I have read it is either one, or the other. I figure if she an alternator, it will be 12 volts, but if she still has a generator, it will be 6 volts. any help with this would be most helpful.

Keep the sun to your back, and the grass discharge down wind.
Attachments
IMAG0326 LR 2.jpg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

photoman63
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 77049

Re: Finally Got her Home!

Postby photoman63 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:15 am

I was able to pull her off the trailer using my jeep and recovery strap. Everything went as planned. I was concerned that the ramps I made would not take the 3875 pound beast, But they did just fine. I tied off the front wheel so it could not steer the tractor off course while free rolling down the ramps. The front tire is flat...very flat, so I didn't think it would keep rolling after she hit level ground. my tractor only has a single front tire that so badly sun aged, and cracked it's hard to read size. So if any one happens to know the size That would help out a great deal. I figure that should be my first purchase so I can at least move it around when I need to.
Although the hood is still on the tractor, I was able to peek under it, on the right side, and notice the bracket that holds the alternator. I have seen these brackets on Ebay, and this forum, so I am assuming she has been converted to a 12 volt system. I think she is a 1945 model due to her SN starting with 205091. Not sure if there are more digits, or not. That's all I can make out with just the naked eye.

Right before I tugged on her, my son snapped this shot. They call it "Here Hold My Beer"
Attachments
IMAG0332 LR.jpg

Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Finally Got her Home!

Postby Urbish » Wed May 25, 2016 9:13 am

From this post at Yesterday's Tractors, the single front is a 6.5x16.

http://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/viewtopic.php?t=688949

You can find one from Miller Tire, other suppliers, or the farm & fleet of your choosing. Here's the link to the Miller Tire page:

http://www.millertire.com/categories/tractor-tires/front-tractor-tires/6-50-16/

If you have an airport nearby, you might be able to find a used aircraft tire for pretty cheap depending on what you want to do with the tractor and how much traction you need.
Jim

Circle of Safety

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”