This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Live & Learn

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dusty B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61736
Tractors Owned: '45 SC Case
Circle of Safety: Y

Live & Learn

Postby Dusty B » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:24 am

Absolutely could not get the main shaft back thru the new clutch & pressure plate! Lacked about 1/8 " clearance to line up! Secret - new clutch plate, pressure plate (compressed max.), TO bearing carrier, all has to go back in as one unit!!! Am going to attempt to dodge the bullet (take clutch& stuff back out) by pulling the yoke on the upper transmission shaft?? Have had it off to replace seal so know it w/come off - hoping that w/give me that fraction of an inch that I need??!! Will let everyone know how that comes out!! Dusty B
Grandpa's '41 B
'56,,'57,'59, Cu'b
'45 C
'55 Case S
Dad's DB garden tractor
'48 DeSoto
'31 "A Coup
'79 Lincoln TC
God looks out for those of us who don't know how to look out for ourselves!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Re: Live & Learn

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:31 am

If the only part not in place is the shaft, you might be able to get it in by blocking the clutch pedal down. That should take the pressure off the clutch disk and let it move into alignment. I would have the shaft in as far as possible before pressing the pedal down.

I've never tried this and don't know if it will work. If it doesn't, trying it will probably guarantee a need to remove the clutch and start over.

Dusty B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61736
Tractors Owned: '45 SC Case

Postby Dusty B » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:51 pm

Pulling the yoke on front of tranny didn't work! Pulled it all out and did the way my guru told me to! In and operational!
Grandpa's '41 B
'56,,'57,'59, Cu'b
'45 C
'55 Case S
Dad's DB garden tractor
'48 DeSoto
'31 "A Coup
'79 Lincoln TC
God looks out for those of us who don't know how to look out for ourselves!

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:26 am

Sorry I didn't catch this. I could've told you that and saved you the trouble.

When I did my Super H through the belly pump hole, I stacked everything on the shaft and then shoved it all up in there as one unit.

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”