This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Found items in belt pully housing

Farmall B & BN Tractors, 1939-1947
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Texas Tony
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 76691
Tractors Owned: 1936 MM J-T (2)
1960 MM M-5
1969 Oliver 1850
1950 MM Z
1977 IH 1466
1940 Farmall B

Found items in belt pully housing

Postby Texas Tony » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:39 pm

Last night I was removing the PTO to replace the gasket and took off the belt pulley housing to clean it as well (this is the first time I've had it off since beginning the restoration work in 2017) and found a bolt, a lock washer, and a flat washer about 1 1/2" in diameter in the sludge on the bottom of the housing. I'll finish cleaning it out tonight to see if there's anything else in there, but just out of curiosity I put the bolt, lock, and washer up to the hole in the pulley gear and it screwed in with no resistance.... is this correct? I mean, it really doesn't make sense that the previous owner would have just said, "Oh, I'll put an extra bolt and washers in the housing for grins! What a novel concept!" So, I'm guessing the bolt just came out at some point. I've never run the belt since I've had it running, so I never knew about this issue.

Anyone have an idea about what the torque should be on that bolt? Or just snug it up?

Thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be quite helpful advice.

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Found items in belt pully housing