This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Swather engine fit in B farmall

Farmall B & BN Tractors, 1939-1947
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
THolmer
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 56544
Tractors Owned: A Farmall
B Farmall
B Farmall
M Farmall
350 Farmall
4010 John Deere

Swather engine fit in B farmall

Postby THolmer » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:55 am

I seen a ad for a engine out of a IH swather that the guy says will work in a B farmall. Is this correct? If so is there any modifications that have to be made? I have read that crankshaft was not drilled for a pilot bearing on these types of engines. I have not seen the swather or engine yet but I wanted to cover my bases first.

Thanks for your help

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Swather engine fit in B farmall

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:20 pm

I think I saw the same ad on Craig's list yesterday, but can't find it now. I don't think he mentioned which engine it was, C-123, C-135, C-153. The same engine won't fit all the tractor models he listed due to different shape at the bell housing. If it is the right version to mate to a B bell housing, there are still some problem areas, big one is how things match up to the radiator. There are minor ones like the bolt configuration where the front bolster bolts to the block.