This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

B Radiator

Farmall B & BN Tractors, 1939-1947
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
arlen
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 55975

Re: B Radiator

Postby arlen » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:45 pm

outdoors4evr wrote:It doesn't matter whether you use a pressurized cap or not. It seems to me you have two options:
1) Recore and repair the existing radiator
2) Purchase a new radiator.

Seems to me I wouldn't exceed the cost of a new radiator. TM sells the Clancy radiator for $188.20 + Shipping.
http://www.tmtractor.com/new/co/671fp.htm

That would work great...if I had a Cub :D

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

arlen
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 55975

Re: B Radiator

Postby arlen » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:51 pm

The radiator repair shop got me a replacement the next day. It looks like an exact copy of the original. It's just as heavy and it is all brass and copper.
the top neck is cast iron (like the original). They straightened and painted the shroud and mounting bracket and moved them to the new one. $425.00 was the total. I'm pretty happy with it, and it is quite a bit cheaper than the Steiner replacement unit. I wonder what the quality of the Steiner unit is?
Funny, my wife wanted the old one back and was irritated that I had to buy it back from them since the salvage price is figured into their price.
She kept saying, "it's already mine, why do I have to buy it back" :lol:

Return to “Farmall B & BN”