This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

46 BN carb rebuild

Farmall B & BN Tractors, 1939-1947
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
randyrothe
Zip Code: 80919

46 BN carb rebuild

Postby randyrothe » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:17 pm

I'd like to rebuild my 46 BN carb. The carb is stamped Zenith Made is USA, but I don't see a part number. Where is a good place to get a rebuild kit, what is the part number for the rebuild kit and are there any how to videos or manuals? Thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 46 BN carb rebuild

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:30 pm

McDonald Carb sells good rebuild kits. You probably don't need a complete one. I'd suggest disassembling and evaluating before you order. There is a Zenith manual under the Quick links, click on PDF Manuals, Service Manuals (bottom of the list), then Zenith carb. I don't think there is a video on the forum, maybe Youtube.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:59 am

The manual that Bob references is for a Cub. I don't know what yours looks like, but it's probably very similar. Some of the part numbers for the B carb will likely be different from the manual, however. Your best bet is to study the manual, then give Morgan a call at 706-367-4179.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:26 am

There’s really not a lot to that carb. As Don mentioned, it’s very similar to the Cub, some part numbers will be different. When you call, tell Morgan it’s a Zenith off of a B, he’ll know which carb model you have. I did one of these, a couple months ago, and needed only a good cleaning and a new bowl gasket, which I already had.

Return to “Farmall B & BN”