This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

M After market Hyd

Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450 & 560 Tractors, 1939-1963
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Plywud
Zip Code: 98042

M After market Hyd

Postby Plywud » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:13 pm

I just bought a 1952 M with after market 3 point lift and aux Hyd control. Up pressure only, gravity down. I pulled out the rod going o he hyd pump, aux control raises the box blade in either the up or down position. I can lower it by pushing the factory rod back in. I know the down release works on the aux handle, the previous owner demo'd it before I bought it. Can't find his number, anybody have a like system and can tell me what i'm doing wrong or not doing?

Thanks

Rick Johnson

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: M After market Hyd

Postby SONNY » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:11 am

do you have to factory rods or just 1? I used to have 2 SMD's and now have an SM. How is your 3-pt cylinder hooked up and do you have more than 1 remote outlet on the back of the tractor.
If you can post some pix of what you have, it would be easier to figure out the system.
I had an Abbot Brothers 3-pt on 1 of my SMD's and hooked the cylinders,(2 on mine) to the rear remote outlet, (mine had pressure both up and down). Mine did have engine mounted pumps but used the belly pump res.
IF you have 2 rods---one turns the belly pump on and the other 1 is up and down control. shift pump in, let clutch out, pull other rod should make it work.

Plywud

Postby Plywud » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:15 pm

I'm not any good with the pictures, can't seem to figure that one out. There are two rods, one for the belly pump and the other i assumed was for the wheel on the side above the belly pump. I pull the rod out to the belly pump, there is a nob on the rod which I take past the holder. I pull the rod all the way back and the pump engages, let out the clutch and the remote hyd control next to my seat will raise the hitch if the handle is moved in either direction, up or down, but will not release the pressure to lower the hitch in the down position. If I put the clutch in again, and push to rod all the way back, the down pressure function on the remote handle will work. It seems to me the original owner demo'd the remote handle in both the up and down positions with out any assistance from the pump rod. There are no other hyd functions on the tractor through the remote set up, only the 3 point hitch.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby SONNY » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:40 am

1 rod turns the pump on, the other rod is the control. back for up forward for down. What type 3-pt. do you have? --- does it have 1 cylinder or 2? also are they 2-way or 1-way? 2 way will have 2 hoses running to cylinder giving down pressure. not all of them had 2-way, most were just 1 way which was lift then gravity drop.
one problem I found with these systems was that the boxes get some wear in the levers and the linkages get loose, so down might actually be trying to go up.
Also do you mean the belt pulley?--- mine are a little short lever down on the left. BOTH hyd. levers are side by side---or should be up on the right side close to steering wheel.
resize your pictures in paint. also some cameras have a setting for pix. size ---- set it for 640 x 480 and ya got it!---ready to post on ANY forum!

Plywud

Postby Plywud » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:31 am

I have a Saginaw 3 point hitch with 1 hydraulic line to each of the two cylinders. The tractor has two rods on the right side, the short one on the inside is for the belt pulley, the long one on the outside is for the pump. I can pull it back with the clutch in and then release the clutch and the hydraulic's are active. The remote control value will raise the hitch, but will not release the pressure so the hitch can fall back down when I push the handle down. If I push the rod back in, nothing happens, but I have found a bump where I can push the rod further down. When I do this, I can push the remote handle down and the hydraulic pressure is realised. In thinking about it now, I haven't tried the up function in the remote to see if that works with the rod in the full down position. I'm almost sure the previous owner demo's the hitch with the rod out, I remember him saying I would have to pull it to the full length, and pull harder to move past the bump.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:14 pm

Your remote valve has to have 3 connections. Where is the hose from the "OUT" connected?

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby SONNY » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:50 am

you have to pull/push very hard on this type setup!---thats why mine got converted to actual hydraulic valves! --- and of course M & W live pumps behind the dist.

Return to “Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450, & 560”