This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Not charging.....108

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Not charging.....108

Postby BigBill » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:45 pm

My engine conversion from the 129 to the 108 went great, we’re fixing every little problem. Our last problem is it not charging, I checked the generator on the bench as a motor plus while its spinning I can touch the other terminal and she stops dead so both sides of the generator are working. I cleaned the points on the regulator and still no charge.
I’m thinking I need a new regulator?
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

birddog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 54515
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Not charging.....108

Postby birddog » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:24 pm

Cleaning the points may not be enough, you may have to adjust them. With the cover off you should be able to if they are working.
Mark "birddog" Birdeau
Circle of Safety

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Not charging.....108 lawn

Postby BigBill » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:26 pm

Cut the lawn twice and she didn’t die, new battery, cleaned the reg, the disc pto is working I have a running cadet. Finally. Pics to follow.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Cub Cadet”