This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New cadet parts

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

New cadet parts

Postby BigBill » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:33 am

I been shopping at parts tree for cadet manual pto parts. I’m changing the puck pto release over to the disc brake type. Less headaches on the pto release over the puck. This is the updated version before the electric pto was used. These tractors were so over built they just keep running. I stay with these because a new lawn mower is a throwaway and so expensive. I’m adding the disc pto to my 104. My point is cub cadet new parts are getting harder to find.

We’re mowing with a 108 with the 129 12 hp engine. This engine is from a parts tractor. The PO ran the broken drive shaft coupling till the drive shaft fell out.

What’s on the market today that competes with a cub cadet.?
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

radioguy41
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 18235
Tractors Owned: -
1957 Red IH Lo-Boy
1980 Red IH Cub Cadet 782
1993 Craftsman LT4000
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: New cadet parts

Postby radioguy41 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:30 am

Nadda, zip, zero, zilch. Everybody, or almost everybody, went to using plastic parts in the engines and nobody's hold up. Have you noticed how an 8, 10, or 12hp will mow just fine but the new ones need 25, 26, or 27hp to mow and still bog down in deep grass? Junk, all of them. I'm still mowing with a Craftsman LT4000 I bought new in 1993. The 14hp cast iron Kohler is still getting the job done after 28 years. Think any of the new ones will still be running in 28 years? Nah, keep the old ones going. :wink:
Circle of Safety Image ImageImage
KB3WBB

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: New cadet parts

Postby BigBill » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:52 pm

I got my son a new huskee mower from tsc about 10 years ago. The Kohler command case just cracked, we clamped it. No more cast iron. I’m glad I purchased used empty Kohler blocks and engines for my cadets. We’re running cadets from the 60’s/70’s. Figure a used cadet needs a headgasket and maybe a clutch, throwout brg, clean the carb and points. My local lawn repair guy has a used cadet sitting there I’m tempted?
I have,
Cc1200 needs engine have 14 hp aqs mower
Cc108 creeper 12 hp mower
Cc108 creeper needs tlc 10 hp snow thrower
Cc104 10 hp mower
Cc122 replacement new 12 Kohler mower
Cc70 new replacement 8 hp Kohler snow plow
Cc100 new replacement 10 hp tiller
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.