This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

26"-12:00-12" turf tires (UPDATE)

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

26"-12:00-12" turf tires (UPDATE)

Postby BigBill » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:50 am

Ok I have a CC108 and using the 8,5" rims the Carlise Turf Pro tires 26"-12:00-12" tires fit my 108 perfect. I had to grind the front edge for a little tire clearance thats it. It looks like a monster with the larger tires on the rear. I like it. In the rear view its all tire!!!!!!!! I just ordered the 18"-8" rim tires for the front to level the tractor out so it sits level for the oil system and to level out the mower deck. The rear tires are still within the cutting width of the mower deck too.

On my neighbors CC123 hydro we put the 26"12:00-12" turf pro tires on the orginal 7" CC rims and they fit too. But we needed to grind the front edge of the fender again for a little clearance.

This size tire is the hot ticket for the cadets if you want larger tires for mowing.

WARNING; If your mowing with larger tires be aware that if the deck hits something the larger tires won't slip as easy as the smaller tires do and it could throw you off the machine if you don't expect it. I stayed on the tractor but was shocked at the extra traction. Just be aware when mowing in 2nd or 3rd gear going faster. I hit a stump and it threw me forward at first then the tires dug in and threw me backwards. Luckily i was in 1st gear.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

gitractorman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14072
eBay ID: toysforjake
Tractors Owned: Lots of Cub Cadets!
1951 Farmall Cub
1977 IH Cub
1966 IH Cub
1965 IH Lo Boy
1964 IH Lo Boy
1949 Farmall Cub
Several IH 154 Lo Boys
1979 IH 184 Lo Boy
Simplicity 4416 Sovereign
Simplicity Conquest
Simplicity Legacy 4x4 Diesel
Mitsubishi MT180D 4x4 Diesel
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby gitractorman » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:40 am

Bill,
Another word of caution that you may not have experienced yet. The 18" tires on the front will likely hit the mower deck when you turn sharply. They stick out another inch or so, and it is usually just enough to catch on the front edge of the mower deck.

A solution to your rear fender problem that is pretty simple. Unbolt the fenders and add a couple of washers between the fenders and the frame, usually 2 washers will space the fenders up a little more than 1/8-inch, and will give you the clearance that you need, without having to cut on the fenders themselves.

We need to see some pics!!! I do like the look of the regular cadets with the big tires.

Later,
Bill
Cub Cadets 682, 1811, 1864, Simplicity Legacy XL 4x4 Diesel with FEL, 60" mower, 50" Tiller

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:47 pm

The upper part of the rear fenders are fine they clear about 1/4" its the front vertical part that needs more clearance just a little grinding did it. On my CC108 the rear fenders are one piece with the seat support. On the CC123 it had the same problem with the front fender area too.

I finally got my digital battery charged so i can post pics, i hope i can do it. I'll get pics of all my toys... You'll like the 108 with the larger sneakers. I have just the rears on it, the fronts are on order.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

trac48
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: J7Z1B7

Postby trac48 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:58 pm

ImageImage

Return to “Cub Cadet”