This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Plow Day Oct. 6

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Merk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Plow Day Oct. 6

Postby Merk » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:02 pm

Here a few pictures from a plow day I went to last weekend:
My son's 86
My 149 with a Gent from Canada plowing:
3 Generations plowing together:

PageRob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 86040
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub "Black Cat"
Mamod TE1A "Kayenta"

Postby PageRob » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:27 pm

I know I'm just naive about all this, but every time I see a CC plowing, I'm amazing! Such little machines doing so much work!
"The only thing we did was wrong was stay in the wilderness too long/the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight."
-Old Spiritual

red56turbo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 52742
Tractors Owned: Check out my signature!
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby red56turbo » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:03 pm

Looks like you had great weather. Nice pics. Nothing like the smell of freshly turned dirt........
Tractors in the stable: '62 560D Cub Cadets in the stable: 782D, 1572 SGT, 1772 SGT, 1782 SGT

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:57 am

I was at the same plow day and what a great time. This is the first time I ever plowed with any thing but my 7 HP Original. It's still an Original but what power with the Magnum twin :lol:
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Findoggy » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:10 pm

Those of you using gear drives, what gear do you plow in? I'd like to attend one of those plow days sometime. Needs to be a little closer with the cost of gas though. Thanks, Findoggy

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:47 am

I have only plowed with my 7 HP original and I plow in second gear. The soil conditions let you know if you must go lower. At this field there were wet spots and I had to go into low gear in some areas. I have also plowed in high creeper which is a little slower than second. You want to maintain enough speed to get the furrow to roll over. Some people set there plows to go deep which isn't correct as your plow should be able to float under ground and not go to the end of the lift bars and try to pull the front end up. A 10" plow is only suppose to plow 5" deep and the plow must be set for soil conditions. I have the correct Original Brinly plow for the Original and the Brinly sleeve hitch made for the Original so I only have the point to adjust on my plow. You should get the Brinly manuals and set up your plow as they instruct and then try other things to make your plow work better. I think a lot of guys put the wide AGs on and they don't plow as good as narrow utrf tires and chains which I have always used. It's a lot of fun
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

lonnyb
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby lonnyb » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:34 pm

I find the best size tire to use weather it is an age tire or turf tire with chains is a tire that will fit all the way down into the furrow.
Like say you are useing a 12" plow, run 10.50 tires, a 10" plow, use 8.50 tires and if you are lucky enough to own an 8"plow use a 6-12 tire.

Another thing to rember when going to a plow day event , not every one will be pulling the same size plow so if you happen to be running 10.50 tires and get behind someone pulling an 8"plow your tire will not sit down all the way to the bottom of the furrow.
Is one cub ever enough ?

Return to “Cub Cadet”