This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Question please

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Calvin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: Cub Cadet 86, Cub Cadet 109, Cub Cadet 129, John Deere GT-235, 1948 Farmall Cub

Question please

Postby Calvin » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:49 am

Can someone tell me something, I have 3 cub cadets all the older models and all of them have the little leather button that the mower clutch plate uses to engage the mower. Im sure everyone on here knows what Im talking about, well here recently the one on my 107 wore completely out and I cant find one. The only Cub Cadet dealer is 58 miles round trip and I made the ride last Friday only to find out he went out of business. Well anyway I have been seeing some of the new buttons are made out of bronze or something. Will one of those work or will it eat away at the center button on the clutch assembly?
Or why couldnt you just grind a hardened bolt head and place it on there to rub the clutch button?
Thanks fellows.
Calvin

cub61
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cub61 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:19 am

How's it goin' Calvin,
I'm not to familiar with the 107 IH Cub Cadet but.....I think this might help you out. Go to Carter & Gruenewald Inc, here is the website address:

http://www.cngcoinc.com/parts-browse.asp

Just click where it says "Shop Online" Parts Lookup and choose Garden Tractor from the list and it will give the whole list of IH Cub Cadets and all you have to do is choose the cub that you need parts for and its all up to you from there.
I've been purchasing parts with these guys for quite sometime now and I can tell you for sure that they are trust worthy. As a matter of fact, I'm waiting on a pair of mower blades for my 1961 IH Cub Cadet that I ordered from Carter & Gruenewald. Good Luck!!! :D

Calvin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: Cub Cadet 86, Cub Cadet 109, Cub Cadet 129, John Deere GT-235, 1948 Farmall Cub

Hi

Postby Calvin » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:02 am

Cub61 man how ya doing ol buddy, I use this board every now and then and mostly just to see and talk to my ol friends. My legs have went bad and I cant walk but about 10 feet or so then have to set down or fall down. Cub61 I sent out a message over 2 months ago on the cub board saying hello to all my ol friends and wow what a responce I got. None of you fellows ever forgets a friend and if the whole world was like that man we would have it made wouldn't we.
Yea only thing I can mostly work on now is my 2 cub cadets that I still have then I pull one into the garage and set on a chair while I do the work. When it comes to having to do work under them I installed a 12 volt winch to the ceiling and just pull them up where I can reach.
I will try that address you sent me ol friend and see if they have any of them.
Cub61 you take care of yourself and it was really nice hearing from you.
Calvin

cub61
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cub61 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:44 am

Happy to help out in any way I can. Take Care Friend :D

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:21 am

Here is the part number and cost of the fiber button from the C&G parts site. I think the fiber buttons wear good and as long as your steel button isn't rough or goughed they last for years. You must be careful installing them as that's when they get broke.
IH-473483-R2 BUTTON 3.74
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:32 am

Don't feel bad my legs are in the same condition and some days are worse than others but i'm always in pain no matter what i do. The pain meds don't work all the time too. Thats why i mailorder everything so it gets delivered to my door. The UPS guys hates it when he has a tractor to drop off too.(just kidding but he sure has his share of heavy boxes.

On to more important things. I noticed that the moly/fiber PTO clutch button has to be ajusted correctly. When its fully forward I like to see about a 1/16" space between the clutch button and the clutch fingers then i know its set correctly and not too tight when its fully towards the rear.

Most of my new cub cadet parts come from; http://www.partstree.com

Sometimes part tree has the part listed as "no longer available" then I go to Carter/ Gruenewald Co. http://www.cngcoinc.com/parts-browse.asp

For used cub cadet parts its our sponcer Ralph here.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

red56turbo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 52742
Tractors Owned: Check out my signature!
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby red56turbo » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:41 pm

As long as you adjust them correctly, the fiber buttons will last a long time. Some guys taper the stalk on the end to ease in the pressing of the button into the arm. There was a nice article in Red Power Mag a couple issues ago that had great easy steps to follow in replacing the button.
Tractors in the stable: '62 560D Cub Cadets in the stable: 782D, 1572 SGT, 1772 SGT, 1782 SGT