This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How to remove a "whatch a ma call it"??????

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

How to remove a "whatch a ma call it"??????

Postby BigBill » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:10 pm

I looked to find out what to call it and found nothing, i know its there??? :roll:

How do you remove the crank starter pulley/pto clutch basket from the crankshaft without damaging it? :?:

Does it come off easy? :?:

I asked a power equipment company and he said they break everyone trying to get it off so before i even try i'm asking here first how to get it off so i can switch out engines.
:oops:
thank's bigbill
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

lonnyb
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby lonnyb » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:39 pm

http://d10050.s25.hostedweb.net/IHCCFAQ/

Item #7

That is if you are asking how to remove the pto from the front of a older cub cadet.
More info can be found here,
http://cubfaq.com/mechanical_pto.html
and here
http://cubfaq.com/setscrews.html
Is one cub ever enough ?

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:13 pm

On the narrow framed Cadets. Remove the hood (2 bolts) and cast iron front end (4 bolts) - unbolt regulator - disconnect battery first. Remove the bolt holding the PTO lever from the right side of the tractor. Loosen the starter generator. This will provide access to the PTO clutch.

First try removing the grill and the PTO lever bolt. This will provide you access to the PTO. Last time I tried this method I couldn't quite get the PTO to slide past the bar/round rod containing the PTO lever/pushbutton. Could be that if you loosened the bolts holding the motor and lifting a bit on the front of the engine, the PTO will clear.

Come off easy. Not readily if it has not been removed in quite some time.
I have an excuse. CRS.

lonnyb
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby lonnyb » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:47 pm

With the front grill casting off the PTO bar/round rod should have came off with the grill casting IF you are working on a narrow frame tractor.

I have not worked on any wide frame cubs so I dont know about them.

To remove the starter pully, spray with your favorite penatrating oil and let sit a few days, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat until you are able to slide the pully off after removing the set screws.
Is one cub ever enough ?

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:25 pm

The starter pulley can be removed with the bar type pullers but you must drill 2 1/4" holes in the pulley a 180 D apart near the hub and use 2 long 1/4' bolts/nuts an an impact wrench on the puller bar with penetrating oil and a clean sanded crankshaft end.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:43 pm

The grill comes out of the front casting. Some grills are held in with 4 springs and others with bolts.

Clarification on my earlier post.
I have an excuse. CRS.

trac48
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: J7Z1B7

Postby trac48 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:49 pm

Bill,
What tractor are you working on,Email me a pic. I will post it :wink:

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:48 pm

I'm thinking of putting my 14hp kolher in my 108 but i wanted to know how to remove the pto/starter pulley from the crank. I never see any on ebay so i asked a seller on ebay about it. He said they all break when there trying to pull them all off. Now i may not touch it till i pick up an extra one.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Merk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Merk » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:27 pm

I never have any problems getting the pto-starter pulley off. I remove the set screw(s) and soak it with PB blaster. It may have to soak a few days....All mine get reused.

Return to “Cub Cadet”