This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

electric winch project?

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bandit86
10+ Years
10+ Years

electric winch project?

Postby bandit86 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:54 pm

I'm looking for a new battery for my cub 1220 as seen in another post. Thinking about it, I have a brand new 4000 pound winch in a box, was wondering if there is any good projects I could build with a winch on a cub. I was thinking maybe an electric snow plow raise/lowering mechanism, need more ideas

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:17 pm

Mount the wench on the front of your tandum axle trailer.
I have an excuse. CRS.

moparado
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby moparado » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:55 pm

I use an electric winch to lift the snow blade on my ATV which works great. Although a 2 ton winch might be a little on the overkill side for this application! In addition, the front end of the front end of the tractor could be lifted for maintenance work by attaching the winch hook to a good sturdy overhead beam too. With the use of jack stands of course.

Don't know if you have heavily wooded property, but if i had a two ton winch settin on the shelf, i'd attach it to the rear of my tractor to pull large fallen tree limbs off the paths and trails in my woods when i mow them paths. Most of time these tree limbs are in a gulley, steep slope or just hard to get at because of heavy brush, saplings, etc. where an ordinary tow line wouldn't work as well as a winch.
-Ken
Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand and take it easy - The Eagles