This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Another broken throttle cable.....

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Another broken throttle cable.....

Postby BigBill » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:04 am

On my 100 the throttle cable broke so i ordered a new IH throttle cable and it was very expensive too. Now the throttle cable broke on my 70 so i purchased a cheap lawn mower replacement throttle cable at TSC and took out the cable inner wire and put it in my cub cadet housing. Yup for only $6 i fixed it this time..... Its spending $6 vs $30?

I later found my gas welding wire that is the same diameter as the throttle cable so my fix could of been free too......I may buy a spool of mig wire just for making throttle cables.(there's less waste)
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

moparado
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby moparado » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:54 am

I later found my gas welding wire that is the same diameter as the throttle cable so my fix could of been free too......I may buy a spool of mig wire just for making throttle cables

Bill,
since i only use flux core in my MIG, i wouldn't use it for a throttle cable but you just gave me another idea, the next time i'm in a bind for baling wire..... :wink:
Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand and take it easy - The Eagles

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:02 pm

I have used piano wire as a replacement for the inner wire while fixing lawn mowers years ago.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:27 pm

I think its time to stock up on ignition wire parts and throttle cable parts too(wire). Down the raod we can save $$ with multiple tractors and repairs.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Island Cubber
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Island Cubber » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:04 pm

Has anyone had much success in freeing up old throtle & choke cables?
I read that putting them in oil will work ?
My throtel & Choke cable on my CCO seem to be gettin sticky and am not ready to buy the universal 5' choke cable for 8 bucks hehe :roll:
Oh and thanks for the other wire ideas
My Ih's are like family

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:54 am

Island Cubber wrote:Has anyone had much success in freeing up old throtle & choke cables?
I read that putting them in oil will work ?
My throtel & Choke cable on my CCO seem to be gettin sticky and am not ready to buy the universal 5' choke cable for 8 bucks hehe :roll:
Oh and thanks for the other wire ideas

I soaked the orginal ones down with PB Blaster and it free'd up the cables for about a year or so. They tend to break were the lever is from wear I guess. So we may free them up but down the road we will replace them anyhoo.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:10 am

Kroil works.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Cub Cadet”