This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Adjusting your carbuerator on the kolhers

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Adjusting your carbuerator on the kolhers

Postby BigBill » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:21 pm

I see everyone use the choke to start there cadet when its hot or it backfires when they shut it off. The carb is way out of adjustment.

Here's how i do it;

First make sure your idle is low enough.

I do the idle adjustment screw first. The angle screw I turn it clockwise till the engine slows down. Then i open it counter clockwise till it smooths out and then more out till it misfires or sputters(too much) Then i go in just a little till it smooths out again very slowly and its set right.

With the high speed I open the throttle wide open and turn the vertical screw in clockwise till it slows down then out till its too rich then back in just a little. I like to leave it on the rich side for the winter so the more open it is the better.

You should be able to shut it off at an idle with no backfire and tap the starter without touching anything(no choke) and it should start right up.

If the engine doesn't respond to the adjusting screws check your air cleaner to make sure its clean. If your air cleaner is ok check your float level and clean the fuel bowel out. Check to see if the screws holding the carb on are loose too. If its running hot change your headgasket if your float level is ok.

You will need to have a good ear and listen to your engine and you will learn how to do it in a short time....treat your kolher right they just don't make them like this anymore........
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Cub Cadet”