This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Bob's First Cub Ride

Stories by Members of FarmallCub.Com. Have a story you want to tell, post it here!
Comments and discussions are welcome.
ctltmp
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 26047
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall Cub
1947 Farmall Cub
1954 Farmall Cub

Bob's First Cub Ride

Postby ctltmp » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:50 pm

My step dad (Bob) would come out to the farm every couple weeks just to tinker. At the time he was pretty well up in age and was suffering from emphysema from years of smoking (no I'm not bashing smokers here), and was not able to walk very far.

One day I was headed back to plow a 4 acre or so field for buckwheat. It was quite a distance at the back of the property. I had little interest in Cubs then, although I did rescue one from a neighbor that was neglected for years. They just weren't practical for the work I needed done. I owned a Massey Harris 44, a Farmall 400, and the Cub. I could have let him take the truck back, but instead I asked if he wanted to take the Cub. He agreed without hesitation.

Bob had been off his farm for years, and not on a tractor since then. I waited and watched in case he needed help. He got on, fired it up, threw it in gear and off he went following me. I turned to look back and see how he was making out and I saw the biggest smile I've ever seen on his face. He beamed from ear to ear!

I'll always remember that day. It was my first Cub and Bob got his tractor ride. He always wanted to take the Cub after that. Bob was a good man, WWII veteran, good friend and a great step dad and would always give me the devil if my furrows weren't straight! :hattip:
WV Mike

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Bob's First Cub Ride

Postby ricky racer » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:43 am

That's a great story. Thanks for sharing!
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Return to “Cub Stories”