This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Millie

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
dolphins
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16341
Tractors Owned: 1953 FARMALL SUPER A.

Millie

Postby dolphins » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:36 pm

I know many guys and gals out there give names to their tractors. I've read several forums over the years on this, but never had a fitting name for my '53 Super A...until mowing today.
My mom's name was Millie. One of the coolest mom's, grandmas, friends, ever. She passed away last October, with lung cancer. We all miss her every day, she was such a huge part of our lives. I still meet people that mention her...everyone loved her.
Got a little melancholy on the old Farmall today...enough so to give her a name. Only took 30 years of dependability!
"Millie" seems appropriate!
'' I live back in the woods you see.....my woman and the kids and the dogs and me-e-e."

"Any job worth doing is worth doing RIGHT." "Don't start any VAST projects with HALF-VAST ideas"

ctltmp
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 26047
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall Cub
1947 Farmall Cub
1954 Farmall Cub

Re: Millie

Postby ctltmp » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:08 pm

I think your name is appropriate and a good choice. Look at it this way...........at least your grandpaps name wasn't Nimrod and you'd have to name the tractor that like I did the cub!

No it's no joke (haha). The man's given name was actually Nimrod believe it or not!
WV Mike

dolphins
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16341
Tractors Owned: 1953 FARMALL SUPER A.

Postby dolphins » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:38 pm

Wow, that's funny. Oh well, I hope the unique name fits the tractor! :D
'' I live back in the woods you see.....my woman and the kids and the dogs and me-e-e."

"Any job worth doing is worth doing RIGHT." "Don't start any VAST projects with HALF-VAST ideas"

ctltmp
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 26047
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall Cub
1947 Farmall Cub
1954 Farmall Cub

Postby ctltmp » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:47 am

Oh it's unique all right! HaHa

Maybe Nimrod and Millie should start dating! HaHa!
WV Mike

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”