This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Trip planning for anniversary

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
JSTRICKLAND
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28601

Trip planning for anniversary

Postby JSTRICKLAND » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:54 pm

Ok,

The count down has started and the plans are being made. My bride for 30 years is fast approaching, and we taking a trip to Niagara Falls. The travel plans set for the way up including a salvage yard for tractor parts. Now I need a stop for the way back, we are taking Interstates 78, 71 and 77 back home in Hickory North Carolina. Any suggestions on salvage yards or tractor museums to take in on the way back using this route. This will around July 5,6,and 7th. 2017.

Thanks for the many replies in advance,

Jameshttp://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/p ... =post&f=3#

Bezirk
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 22843
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub 1949, Oliver OC3 crawler 1951, Ford 8 N 1948, Oliver 77 Row Crop 1953, JohnDeere, La, 1941, John Deere 4115/w loader, 2004, John Deere stationary power unit LUC, Farmall M, 1946, Oliver 77 Row crop w/ loader
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Trip planning for anniversary

Postby Bezirk » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:42 am

if you can divert over to I-95 there is a nice tractor museum just South of Richmond, Va. The name is Keystone, I have been there twice it is a very nice museum. Also if you can divert to I -81 , at Raphine , Va. Visit the McCormic farm where Cyrus invented the reaper. That is about 50 miles South of me, so on your way stop in and we will have a mini fest, if your bride is a shopper Paula can enertain
her with that.

Berlin
I started out with nothing and now I only have half of that left !