This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Is it possible to find the year without a serial number?

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Airborne
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Is it possible to find the year without a serial number?

Postby Airborne » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:26 am

Hi new member airborne. I recently bought a 154 loboy. Serial tag gone. Is it possible to find out the serial, year with out one. Just curious. I think late 60's-70's starter generater belt needed. How do you look it up please. Not interested in it for collectability purpose's just would make it easier. Worked on my father tractors and doodle bugs for much of my life. Just want a good running functional tractor
Thankyou for your help and have a great day!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

mozer71
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22650

Re: Is it possible to find the year without a serial number?

Postby mozer71 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:45 pm

Hello and Welcome Airborne! You will find the best advise right here. I just happen to be here, so yes there is some correlation between your engine serial # and the frame plate # . From what I read here, If you have an original Zenith Carb, then that narrows it down.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:52 pm

If it's still there, the tractor serial number is located on top of the left frame rail, just to the rear of the radiator shroud.

After the first year or so, there is no correlation between engine and tractor serial numbers. The C60 engine was used in other applications besides tractors. Engine serial numbers exceed tractor serial numbers.

From the parts book, the 154 originally had and only had an IH carburetor.

Since you have two posts you can access the free manuals, top left of this page, quick links.
I have an excuse. CRS.

aparnell572
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 14120

Postby aparnell572 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:44 am

Here's a thread going through various differences of 154s and 185s

http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45735

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”