This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1975 185, need to replace original clutch

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
drarkanex
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 38483
Tractors Owned: International 185 Cub Lo Boy

1975 185, need to replace original clutch

Postby drarkanex » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:16 pm

Ok, I aquired my 185 last year, used it all season and the clutch worn out. After looking at what's exactly going on, the 3 "fingers" (pressure) when i'm trying to engage the clutch have grinded themselves around the throwout bearing. It seems all I would need to do to get back up and running in a short time is just replace the TO bearing and retainer and the 3 fingers and do a little adjusting. I mean, I'm just going to replace the entire clutch anyways because if I replace the TO bearing, may as well change out the disc, right? :) Anyways, my question is. I want to make sure I get the right clutch kit for the right price. I'm seeing varying prices from $114 to $300, not really sure about the part numbers (is there a manual that shows the part numbers for my model? or a website). I'm aware that it's a 5.5inch disc, but if anyone could provide me with some amazon links just to get a feel for the parts I'll need for this, I can feel my way around and do more research.

Thanks!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 1975 185, need to replace original clutch

Postby Eugene » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:41 pm

TC-131, parts manual for the numbered Cubs. Should be available at the quick links, top left of this page.

Purchase quality parts. I recommend HamiltonBobs, advertiser at bottom of this page for quality parts, great service, knowledgeable people.
I have an excuse. CRS.

drarkanex
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 38483
Tractors Owned: International 185 Cub Lo Boy

Re: 1975 185, need to replace original clutch

Postby drarkanex » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:45 pm

Eugene wrote:TC-131, parts manual for the numbered Cubs. Should be available at the quick links, top left of this page.

Purchase quality parts. I recommend HamiltonBobs, advertiser at bottom of this page for quality parts, great service, knowledgeable people.

Nice, thank you, i have HamiltonBobs saved so i'm on the right track.. :)

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”