This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydraulic control valve

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jlogan
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 37122

Hydraulic control valve

Postby jlogan » Mon May 27, 2019 2:16 pm

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to rebuild a hydraulic control valve on a Lo boy 185? I can’t find a rebuild kit and have never messed with hydraulics but finally figured out that’s where my leak is coming from.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Hydraulic control valve

Postby Eugene » Mon May 27, 2019 3:20 pm

Parts manual lists two different packages of O-rings and Seals for the control valves. You need to double check to see that you obtain the correct parts.

The Parts Manual has an exploded view of the two different control valves.

Try the Service Manual.
I have an excuse. CRS.

jlogan
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby jlogan » Mon May 27, 2019 10:43 pm

Unfortunately we are moving and my manual is packed up somewhere unable to be found. I was able to get the control valve off but I have had no luck finding a rebuild kit online for it. I found some used replacements on eBay but would prefer to rebuild the one I have.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Tue May 28, 2019 6:54 am

546 781 R91 Package, o-ring and gasket.

Take your tractor model number and serial number to a Case/IH or New Holland dealership. If you have the control valve out, also take it in.

Don't just order the o-ring package, double check.
I have an excuse. CRS.

jlogan
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby jlogan » Tue May 28, 2019 2:29 pm

I got the the old valve apart and was able to match up the o rings and replace them. This seems to have stopped the fluid leak but my hydraulics still won’t stay in place and drift back down. The only other thing I can think to do is rebuild the hydraulic cylinders for the deck and 3 point. What do you think?

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Tue May 28, 2019 4:52 pm

The cylinders are single action. Fluid from the leak down has to be returning to the reservoir if it's not dripping all over the shop floor.

Hydraulic diagram in the parts manual. Determine what else could cause the leak down.

Just checked the parts manual and the hydraulic diagram. According to the diagram, only thing it could be is the control valve.

Edit. Compare your hydraulic system to the one in the parts manual. Your system may be different.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”