This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Deck wheels to the outside?

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Deck wheels to the outside?

Postby BigBill » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:04 pm

My 3260 deck has the centered plastic roller in the front. The skids on the sides tend to scalp. Having the wheels at the rear on both sides eliminates the skids from scalping. I welded pieces of angle iron on the sides and rear edge of the deck. Now I can drill and tap angle iron brackets to attach the wheels too. The wheels must be removable so the deck can be slid out to remove it.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

mozer71
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22650

Postby mozer71 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:49 pm

While we do have different mowing decks, different terrain, I really enjoyed this discussion. outdoors4evr's pics are really helpful and looks like Mike can do the same. Bill's mods are interesting also. I noticed the 184 has the snow plow linkage same as my 154.

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:52 am

The deck I have is a 3160A. As you can see, I have removed the left side skid and the right side guide wheel. The wheel never swiveled and would dig in and scoop up a furrow of grass on corners, so I cut off the wheel brackets (they were welded to the deck and bending the deck).

Now the only grass damage I get is when the deck is down and I am backing and turning a corner. Since the front wheel is not allowed to swivel 360 degrees, it occasionally scuffs up the grass. Due to the shape of the wheel, it doesn't cut a furrow, but does leave a brown stripe of clay smeared on the grass.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:34 pm

I used the tsc air filled wheels. On the rear corner of the deck. They miss the 13.6 floatation tires.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.