This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Loboy 184 hydraulics

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Wanna be farmer
Zip Code: 45120

Loboy 184 hydraulics

Postby Wanna be farmer » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:35 pm

Hi new hear but have been sourcing valuable information from hear for a long time. We have a 59 loboy that is getting weak on us so we just traded hay for a 184. It's kinda rough but runs great and came with a mower.

My question is where do I drain the hydraulic system to change the fluid and filter? And should I use hytran in the hydraulic system like our big tractors?

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Loboy 184 hydraulics

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:27 pm

Welcome to the group.

The hydraulic system uses the transmission case for a reservoir. The same oil that lubricates the transmission runs through the hydraulics. I believe there were some variations in the numbered Lo-Boys on the drain. But I believe the 184 has a drain plug below the differential. The fill plug is in the cover on the back of the transmission housing. The recommended oil is Hy-Tran or other oil that is rated as a Hy-Tran substitute. The capacity is about 7 quarts.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:14 pm

Welcome.
Jim Becker wrote:But I believe the 184 has a drain plug below the differential.
In case the drain plug location is occupied with a hydraulic line, you can remove the back differential cover, same one with the fill opening. This will give you an opportunity to flush out any debris.

I use black RTV to seal up the differential covers on my Cubs. Works great, cheaper than a gasket.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Wanna be farmer
Zip Code: 45120

Postby Wanna be farmer » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:18 pm

Ok. Thanks!