This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall newbie - Looking at getting a 154

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
danvito
Zip Code: 74012

Re: Farmall newbie - Looking at getting a 154

Postby danvito » Mon May 04, 2020 8:42 pm

Thank you all for all the good advice, his asking price is $1600 which seems about average going price for good running lo-boys around here. It has some blow-by, with blue smoke coming from the oil fill tube and exhaust when throttling up. Also, I prefer the looks of the early Farmall cubs, so I might be passing it up. Theres a big range in prices for early cubs here in the midwest going anywhere from $800 for a non-running all the way up to $5000...

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Re: Farmall newbie - Looking at getting a 154

Postby outdoors4evr » Tue May 05, 2020 6:06 am

That's a good price for how good it looks. I wouldn't worry about a little blow-by from the oil fill tube. The oil fill tube provides the only crankcase breather. Rings in anything less than "just broke in" condition produce a little blow-by.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade