This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydraulic Pump (orginal)

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Hydraulic Pump (orginal)

Postby BigBill » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:03 pm

There seems to be two different engine mounted hydraulic pumps for the int number series tractor. There is s short body pump and a long body pump? I’m thinking the longer body is more oil flow for a front end loader? How slow is the front end loader with the shorter pump? How much pressure do these orginal pumps put out?
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Hydraulic Pump (orginal)

Postby Eugene » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:12 am

GSS-1408, Sept 77, shows two different hydraulic pumps. Listed as above or below serial number U018709.

Above U018709 has an adjustable circuit relief valve. Circuit relief valve, 1550 - 1600 psi.

The specifications for both pumps appear to be the same, 2.5 gpm at 1600 rpms, and 1600 psi.
I have an excuse. CRS.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:08 pm

Thanks I was thinking the orginal hyd pimp can operate a fel?
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:53 am

Loader has to have its own pump.---most of them are pto mounted and you have to take pump off to use mower OR go front mount pump.----Thats what I hear! ----never saw or had one as it would be useless to me since I have 4 skidloaders( various sizes) and 2 580ck backhoes and a 56 Deere 420 loader/backhoe, so I never had the desire to have one. --- They could be handy IF you didnt have anything else to use----very limited on what you could do with one. --- small skidloader much cheaper to buy.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:50 pm

I have extensive knowledge in machine building, hydraulics, fabrication. I’m thinking it would be a fun project with the kids too. One son is a engineer. I want to cram him with all the hands on I can. He’s very book smart with two degrees in robotics and mechanical engineering. Now with more hands on with different things look out. I think using a 154 loboy as a platform for this build would be perfect for around the yard. I’m not investing too much money so it’s going to sit there after it’s done.

Plus my neighbor said it couldn’t be done,

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:35 am

BigBill wrote:Plus my neighbor said it couldn’t be done,

Now THIS is better motivation! :{_}: Get out the stick welder, :coffee: and later the :beer:
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:55 am

Plumbing and engineering. You can use a single hydraulic pump for both the loader and mower.

Dual control, dual action control valves or a diverter valve.

You would probably want to change the cylinders over to dual action. The current reservoir would probably be insufficient for multiple single action cylinders.

1600 psi. would work, larger cylinders on the loader.
I have an excuse. CRS.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:57 pm

outdoors4evr wrote:
BigBill wrote:Plus my neighbor said it couldn’t be done,

Now THIS is better motivation! :{_}: Get out the stick welder, :coffee: and later the :beer:

My Hobart 200 amp/100% duty cycle gas engine stick welder is ready thanks to connectikit our member here.
Hearing just that fired me up. I purchased most of the hydraulics. I have the two front arms fabrication done. The two front uprites are done with the subframe that attaches both uprites side to side. I need to post pics here I did but there gone. I had all my ih equipment running then the prostate cancer hit me but I’m ready to hit the think tank again for the rear subframe. Nothing seems hard to do. Power steering, fel, backhoe, each will have a seperate pump and oil tank. The tractor power will get the backhoe to where I need it. After seeing what damage I can do with acub cadet front bucket a small bucket on the 154 will be perfect.

Don’t ever say I can’t do anything. :{_}: I just replaced my 4”/4.5”/5”/6”/7”/9” hand grinders with metabo brand.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”