Farmall 54 plow/dozer blade install on Lo Boy

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Sflash
Zip Code: 12831

Farmall 54 plow/dozer blade install on Lo Boy

Postby Sflash » Mon May 17, 2021 8:10 am

I just purchased a 54 blade for my ‘74 Lo Boy. It came off a beautiful ‘57 Farmall Cub. It has the mid and front mounts. I have the bracket setup already installed on my Lo Boy and just need to attach the plow. Before I get into it, I was hoping to get some insight as to what the project will entail. Will I need to do any alterations on the plow mount to make it fit on the Lo Boy or any parts I may need to purchase to make it function properly? I believe I will need the Lift Links (part# 493 700 R1), but I will have figure that out once I attempt the install. Hopefully Hamilton Bob will have a set available.

It was funny because on my way to pick up the blade I was driving up to a John Deere dealership with an ocean of attachments and tractors. I saw some larger IH tractors that caught my eye and sitting in the yard was an early 70’s Lo Boy with wheel weights and a plow. I will certainly be calling the dealership today to inquire about the Lo Boy. It doesn’t have a creeper or 3 point but I wouldn’t mind having the proper IH 54 and those additional wheel weights, I could use a new grill and radiator as well...

Thanks gents

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: Farmall 54 plow/dozer blade install on Lo Boy

Postby SONNY » Tue May 18, 2021 12:05 am

Regular cub mounts are not going to work on a lo-boy -----got a 154 here with a cobbled up 54 blade on it and it has a whole bunch of made up parts. also it wont raise more than 1 inch off the ground. I never got around to taking it off and junking it yet---I only bought the 154 to get the 3-pt. off of it.